RTL

Nasr

Since RTL is not a priority as of now. And since I need to get my RTL forums up and running using xF cuz vb 4 has killed all activity and my only hope of gaining back activity is using xF to get users back and posting again.

Does the style sheet control all aspects of direction? I've used a mod on here to change the RTL but it did not fully change it. and It's causing a lot of things to function inappropriately.

Was wondering what would I need to do if I wanted to manually change xF to support RTL? Would it require PHP programming or just CSS?

I used some php lines posted here to switch xF to work with RTL however, there are a lot of things that do not work as should be. For instance, the tool tips and inlinemod and thread previews do not work and instead they show to the very far right out of screen view.

that's why i'm asking just in case has a better way of going about doing RTL until xF decides to officially support it. I'm doing this to get out of VB4 cuz it has literally killed my community. The bugs, the browser incompatablity. everything is just not working.

thank you mike

I've been messing around with it. I've tried using firebug to change a few things to work as I like.

One thing that I cant seem to figure out is, on the inlinemoderation

i get this

<form id="InlineModOverlay" style="top: 681.533px; left: 1214px; position: absolute; display: block;"><span id="InlineModControls">

I'm trying to change the bold part, but cant seem to find it. any pointers will be appreciated.

btw it shows under the

element.style {

display:block;
left:1214px;
position:absolute;
top:681.533px;}

cant find it anywhere.

I only find this:

js/xenforo/inline_mod.js

Code:
$controls.appendTo('body').wrap('<form id="InlineModOverlay" />');

Thanks a lot Jake. That's weird. I'm wondering where does it inhert those style settings from. All I need is to change the left to something around 600px cuz right now it put's the moderating tools outside of the screen to the right. Also the same with the tool tip preview.

I hope Mike or Kier can point me in the right direction to tweak this until there is a better solution.

Positioning is done dynamically in a bunch of places, it's part of the tooltip library we use (see ".tooltip" calls in the JS).

Top Bottom