Browser issue RTL Some Word Split Into Half - Chrome Browser Only

That has to be a browser bug then. There's no reason for this to wrap. We don't specify a width on this.

Even though it is clearly a browser bug, but, users are not going to listen an excuse. Hence, if there is a possible fix, it should be applied. For example, IE6 itself poses lots of incompatibilities but community and developers are still bearing the burden of monkey patching. :)

Having said that, if for some reason core package is not going to have a nasty fix for individual browsers, then individual RTL forum owners may apply this fix.

HTML:
HANDLES
{
    word-wrap: normal;
}

That has to be a browser bug then. There's no reason for this to wrap. We don't specify a width on this.
Mike, I am sorry but I see this problem with many areas in my site and it looks very bad on my site. Is it possible to have one of your magic touches to resolve this problem.

Thank You

It is more like setting this property globally and it worked for me. But, I was not sure if it breaks something else. Because, if you navigate to:

Appearance >> Styles >> Default Style >> Style Property Groups >> Body >> Miscellaneous

You will find, there they have specified:

Code:
word-wrap: break-word;

You may change this value as well. But, there must be a good reason to do so.

It will. There are various places where user-supplied content can potentially overflow and this prevents that.

That means if we globally set word-wrap property normal then we need to set it back to break-word in user posted content area or the other way. :-)

Top Bottom