[RT] Staff Room Unread

[RT] Staff Room Unread 2.0

No permission to download
we only have one forum for moderators.. so the other two options at the top are just occupying our top space for no reason.. can you make them optional in the next release?

but seems some permission problem, mods/s-mods see ontop Admin Room message count. 3 seperate rooms are 3 seperate permissions.

Nice add-on but it'd be great to be able to remove some of the three forums, I only have one staff forum so the other sections add unnecessary clutter.

Is it possible u can edit the name like Admin Room Unread to Unread Ban appeals

You can search for the phrase and change it.

I assume there's no problem changing the phrases for the following?

Admin -> Staff
Global Mod -> Reports
Mod -> Multi-logins

One thing I wanted to check is what permissions (if any) are checked to display the bar? Is it purely if they can view the moderator bar or does it check if they can view the forum you have set for each option?

@Daniel 'RTRD' Are you still supporting this add-on? It really needs some updates... Here is what it needs (at least for my forum.. I'm sure other members may have additional request):
- Ability to add more than 1 forum to the forum ID.
- Which group can actually see each box (right now, the mods can see how many post are unread in the Admin or Super Mod forums).

and to @Mike and @Kier ..Maybe you could put something like this in Xenforo 1.3.... This would greatly help the staff on very large forums.

Shame there's no more support on this, would have been an ideal addon if it was tweeked.

Anyone had any success using template conditionals to hide the admin forum notice from mods? I can't seem to get it to work for some reason.

Does this work on 1.4?

It's started showing the links to all of our users when previously it only showed them to staff.

I think I figured out the problem. The style I'm using makes adjustments to the modbar which now mean this shows to everyone.

Would someone (@Chris D @Bob B ?) be able to please explain briefly what the following is doing?

Code:
  $messageCountMod = XenForo_Model::create(StaffRoomUnread_Model_StaffRoomUnread)->getStaffRoomUnread(XenForo_Visitor::getUserId(),$options->StaffRoomUnread_ModForumID);
  $modUnreadTemplate = $template->create('StaffRoomUnread_Mod');
  $modUnreadTemplate-> setParam('messageCount', $messageCountMod);
  $modUnreadTemplate-> setParam('forumID', $options->StaffRoomUnread_ModForumID);
  $contents .= $modUnreadTemplate;

I'd like to get all the variables into my moderatorbar template rather than into the StaffRoomUnread_Mod forum and the addon looks so simple that it looks like it should be easy to do?

Are you trying to get the "{$messageCount}" and "{$forumID}" variables to be available in the moderator_bar template?

Assuming that the code above is from a template hook, it's unlikely you can make those params available to the entire moderator_bar template.

If the aim is to hide the message counts from other users because otherwise your style is exposing them then you should be using template conditionals inside the "StaffRoomUnread_Mod" and other templates.

Are you trying to get the "{$messageCount}" and "{$forumID}" variables to be available in the moderator_bar template?

Assuming that the code above is from a template hook, it's unlikely you can make those params available to the entire moderator_bar template.

If the aim is to hide the message counts from other users because otherwise your style is exposing them then you should be using template conditionals inside the "StaffRoomUnread_Mod" and other templates.

Yeah I was hoping they could be made available to the whole moderator bar.

I tried adding conditionals into the template but they threw an error, see https://xenforo.com/community/threads/conditional-statements.47199/page-11#post-839022

What I've done instead and what seems to work is place a conditional in the moderator bar around the hook so it only loads for mods/admins.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_admin} OR {$visitor.is_moderator}">
<xen:hook name="moderator_bar" />
</xen:if>

Any reason that's a stupid idea?

Thanks for taking the time to answer, it's really appreciated especially when this addon isn't anything to do with you :-)

Is there a way to remove a couple of the rooms if you only use 1 moderator forum and nothing else?

Is there a way to remove a couple of the rooms if you only use 1 moderator forum and nothing else?
Comment out the data in these templates:

StaffRoomUnread_GMod
StaffRoomUnread_Admin

Example...
Code:
<xen:comment>
    <a href="{xen:link 'forums/{$forumID}'}" class="modLink">
        <span class="itemLabel">{xen:phrase StaffRoomUnread_AdminRoom}</span>
        <span class="itemCount {xen:if {$messageCount}, 'alert'}"> {$messageCount}</span>
    </a>
</xen:comment>

Top Bottom