XF 1.5 RSS Registered Feeds - only few are imported from Joomla

snoopy5

Hi

Installed on a Xampp server a testinstallation of XF 1.57. No data in it. No plugins. I want to get via RSS all the news from a Joomla 3.51 installation into XF.

In XF I entered all relevant data in ACP/applications for a registered feed. I also made the settings in options.

I then hit in applications/registered feed on import and 7 articles (from Joomla) showed up in the subforum where they shall be. So this works properly.

The problem is, that there are around 2.300 news I wanted to import there. Not only 7. No matter what I do, it does not import more than those 7. No others.

What did I do wrong?

Looking at the feed (sent privately), there are only 6 entries in it. My guess is it only goes back a max of approximately 1 month.

Hi

Thanks for the hint. I researched for Joomla and it seems that joomla in the standad settings only give the articles on the current frontpage away. So if in the Joomla settings the amount of articles on the frontpage is restricted to 7 (menu settings), it only syndicates these 7 articles of the frontpage, not all others on page 2, 3, 4... etc.

See here:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.p...765&hilit=rss+syndication+front+page#p2825765

I changed that now. It imports now 12. I guess I have to hit many times now on "import" within XF to get all 2300 articles over to XF :(

Is there a faster way to do that?

Also I just realized that XF takes the time stamp of the import, not the original opost date of the RSS article. How can I change that?

Is there a faster way to do that?
No, though it generally should pick it up over time.

Also I just realized that XF takes the time stamp of the import, not the original opost date of the RSS article. How can I change that?
That would require custom development.

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded - library\Zend\Feed\Reader\Entry\Rss.php:175
This is a timeout error in the actual RSS parsing. If you've put thousands of entries in it, then this can be expected as it's a lot of work to parse the XML. As a temporary measure, you may be able to extend this timeout, though on the whole, an RSS feed of that size probably isn't a great idea.

Hi Mike,

I am not planning to keep that RSS feed alive. I "misuse" the RSS feed actually.

I only want t use it as a one-time importscript to be able to get all my Joomla articles into my XF forum. ;)

All other importscripts via Wordpress etc. failed until now. I bought a script calles obRSS and this script allows to import a lot more articles.

Once that is achieved, I disable it again.

In that obRSS script, I can enable the option to use the publishing date of the Joomla article. But in XF it displays the importdate of that article.

Is it technically at all possible for that external script to use a different time stamp of the past isntead of the importing date?

Is it technically at all possible for that external script to use a different time stamp of the past isntead of the importing date?
The only way to change this would be within the XenForo RSS importer. It's specifically designed to use the date of the action, as otherwise the content won't actually be "new" for many users, thus potentially defeating the point of it being posted. I can understand your use case, but it would require custom development within XF rather than externally.

Top Bottom