XF 1.2 RSS Icon

oman

Hi,

Is there any easy way of changing the colour of the RSS icon, or can't it be changed because it is an image? I would like to change it to a green colour if possible.

Thanks,

I'm sure it's possible @oman . There are a couple of places that the orange RSS icon is located and I am sure if you replace all of them with the correct sized green versions it would be sufficient.

One location which has 3 RSS icons is in the styles/xenforo/widgets/ folder and the other is styles/xenforo/sources/ folder. The one that shows on the main forum index page is in the widgets directory if I am not mistaken. It's called feed-14.png if I am not wrong,

I'm sure it's possible @oman . There are a couple of places that the orange RSS icon is located and I am sure if you replace all of them with the correct sized green versions it would be sufficient.

One location which has 3 RSS icons is in the styles/xenforo/widgets/ folder and the other is styles/xenforo/sources/ folder. The one that shows on the main forum index page is in the widgets directory if I am not mistaken. It's called feed-14.png if I am not wrong,

Would a psd be needed to change the colour?

The RSS Icon is inside the Sprite Sheet xenforo-ui-sprite.png which is in /styles/default/xenforo/

You could add a new Icon via EXTRA.css
1. for the Footer: .footerLinks a.globalFeed { background: url('folder/to/your/icon.png') no-repeat; }
2. For Forums Front Page: .node .tinyIcon { background: url('folder/to/your/icon.png') no-repeat; }

Not sure if you have to add !important to it, just give it a try

OR you just open up the png File via Photoshop and replace the Icon with one you like. Dont forget to do an update before ;)
With http://www.spritecow.com/ you can locate the position of the Icon and add the position to the Background as it has right now.
( -112px -16px )

As a Hint. If you use the Template Search in ACP and search for Content .footerLinks a.globalFeed or .node .tinyIcon you will find the CSS you need to add to the Extra.css too ;) Very Simple to Style xenforo, most of the times ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom