1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 RSS Icon

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by oman, Jul 14, 2013.

1. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Hi,

Is there any easy way of changing the colour of the RSS icon, or can't it be changed because it is an image? I would like to change it to a green colour if possible.

Thanks,

2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's possible @oman . There are a couple of places that the orange RSS icon is located and I am sure if you replace all of them with the correct sized green versions it would be sufficient.

One location which has 3 RSS icons is in the styles/xenforo/widgets/ folder and the other is styles/xenforo/sources/ folder. The one that shows on the main forum index page is in the widgets directory if I am not mistaken. It's called feed-14.png if I am not wrong,

3. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Would a psd be needed to change the colour?

4. Ernest L. Defoe

I wouldn't imagine. It also doesn't require a sprite sheet either. They are individual icons. You can do a Google Search for green RSS icons find the one you want and you can resize in PS to make them the size you need.

5. TsinJu

TsinJu Well-Known Member

The RSS Icon is inside the Sprite Sheet xenforo-ui-sprite.png which is in /styles/default/xenforo/

You could add a new Icon via EXTRA.css
    1. for the Footer: .footerLinks a.globalFeed { background: url('folder/to/your/icon.png') no-repeat; }
    2. For Forums Front Page: .node .tinyIcon { background: url('folder/to/your/icon.png') no-repeat; }

Not sure if you have to add !important to it, just give it a try

OR you just open up the png File via Photoshop and replace the Icon with one you like. Dont forget to do an update before ;)
    With http://www.spritecow.com/ you can locate the position of the Icon and add the position to the Background as it has right now.
    ( -112px -16px )

As a Hint. If you use the Template Search in ACP and search for Content .footerLinks a.globalFeed or .node .tinyIcon you will find the CSS you need to add to the Extra.css too ;) Very Simple to Style xenforo, most of the times ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    oman and Ernest L. Defoe like this.
  6. Ernest L. Defoe

Thought I looked at all the sprite sheets. I apologize for my wrong information.

7. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Will probably find another one.

TsinJu likes this.
  8. TsinJu

TsinJu Well-Known Member

oman likes this.
  9. oman

oman Well-Known Member

10. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Not having much luck adding it with css. That's probably the ideal way I'd like to do it.