1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 RSS Feeds

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by GRJoker, Apr 28, 2014.

1. GRJoker

GRJoker Member

I do not know if we have a thread for this and if you guys do I apologize. I am wondering if there is a way to pull the complete RSS feed from the website and not just a couple of lines? Thank you for the help.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean by the "complete RSS feed from the website"?

The RSS feeds include the thread title and first post content up to several hundred characters.
    Which is set here:
  3. GRJoker

GRJoker Member

would I be able to have the RSS post most if not all of the content, I would like to have a news section in my forums but I would like it to have post that are more than just the first sentence. Sometimes the images don't come through either. I will try what you have shown me and see if that works thank you Brogan!!
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Are you talking about importing an RSS feed? If so, there there isn't anything that you can really do about that -- if the full text isn't in the RSS feed, then XF won't be able to import it.
  5. GRJoker

GRJoker Member

That is what I was talking about, thank you for the information. Is there a better place to get good gaming news through RSS that give you more than just one or two lines?
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would just be down to the site you're pulling from. Plenty don't want to include the full text for obvious reasons.
    GRJoker likes this.
  7. GRJoker

GRJoker Member

Thank you