Cannot reproduce RSS feeder - Registered Feeds not updating

HBP

I have the feeds set for every 10 minutes and I have the admin section: Tools | Cron Entries | Feeder set up properly as well. The Rss feeds did work great until i did the xenforo upgrade to 1.4.3. Any help to fix and get the feeds working properly? Thanks!

What did you upgrade from? What's the feed URL? Can you show us examples of what was posted previously?

Mike he is my client, same issues as in my thread. I have screen shots of the feeder in that thread and also we did not upgrade from latest version, we updated from a late 1.3 version. Which I was told had some known issues. The installs worked once after upgrade when I cleared the cache system and disabled a second cache system we have on site. Then it stopped working altogether.

Would be great if someone could help with this. The RSS feeds worked well. Then we did the Xenforo update and then they no longer fetched the feeds.

I'm still not clear what version you upgraded from. The other thread mentions 1.3.7 which isn't a version that we've released, so I'm not sure if that means 1.3.6 or 1.2.7 (or something else). If it's 1.3.6, then literally no code has changed related to the import code; even from 1.2.7, there are very few changes and I don't think they'd be relevant. Can you reconfirm the version?

Based on a screenshot in the other thread, I see the cron has been modified (at least to run every minute). I don't think the frequency modification should cause any issues. However, to test something, please disable the feed cron from running, wait 15 minutes. Then, with the feed cron entry, select controls > run. What does it display? Does it take a while to display anything?

I would note that I brought the feeds mentioned in the other thread in and it does appear to be working for me.

It was most likely 1.3.6 then, we were not in the 1.2 range that I know. I would go with 1.3.6 or 1.3.8 as it was before the holidays.

I will try what you recommend. Thank you, Mike.

OK here is what I have after 15 minutes of it disabled and then choosing controls>run

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/dnpost/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 31
  6. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationEntries() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 405
  7. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationForDisplay() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 224
  8. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 202
  9. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 616
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/dnpost/public_html/admin.php at line 13

That's actually after the feed would have run and it should have already imported by then. Did it import anything? (Note that it will only run for 15 seconds at a time so slow RSS feeds will cause it to check fewer in each run; your change to one run per minute would be helpful there.) If you look at the feeds, are there any entries that should have been posted but haven't? (With the 6 examples you gave, since my post this morning, it appears that there's only been 1 new entry and it posted correctly for me.)

That said, an error like that indicates that the MySQL wait_timeout value is very very low. I wouldn't recommend setting it below about 60 (the default is actually 28800). This shouldn't be directly related though but it's worth ruling it out.

No did not import anything. There are tons of feeds that should have been posted but did not. Those 6 feeds are only a few we have about 40 feeds coming in.

At this point, to do debugging, I think I'd need FTP (or equivalent) access. Can you submit a ticket via the customer area with those details?

Hi Mike, Thanks for your help. We might have solved this issue by making a few changes with the server. I will know for sure in the next couple days.

Top Bottom