Fixed RSS feed not working properly on Chrome and Safari/Mobile

Fethi.dz

Affected version
XF 2.0 Beta 7
Hello,

I noticed today that the RSS feed on Chrome and Safari/Mobile not working properly.

On Chrome/desktop (Version 62.0.3202.62) this is what am getting:
Chrome_desktop.webp

On Safari/Mobile (IOS 11.0.3):

When the "Use full friendly URLs" is unchecked this is what I get from RSS feed on my iPhone 7 Plus:
IMG_4530.webp

And when ""Use full friendly URLs" is checked this is what I get: (Which is OK)
IMG_4529.webp

Thank you.

Are you suggesting it's displaying incorrectly on Chrome? Because it isn't. That's how Chrome displays RSS feeds.

The difference on iOS between having friendly URLs enabled or not is odd, so we will look into that.

Hello Chris,

You are indeed right, on chrome it have no issue since is that how it's displayed, my mistake :censored:. But, on IOS definitely something wrong with it when the "friendly URLs" is disabled.

Thanks.

I'm not totally clear on why this happens in XF2 but not XF1, but in my tests, changing the MIME type to application/rss+xml (which is the documented MIME for RSS feeds) appears to make it work as I'd expect. Beyond this, I would guess that iOS is doing some URL sniffing, though I'm confused why the behavior is different in XF1 when the output was basically identical.

Regardless, this should be fixed. It does make Chrome display the RSS feed a little differently, though it's not like they were usable in either scenario.

Top Bottom