XF 1.2 RSS Feed Not Importing Content Even At The Designated Intervals

MKSwni

Hi guys,

Firstly, thanks for a wonderful and extensive search function on here. I was able to maneuver my way through a lot of questions by looking them up on here.

There's something I'm stuck on, however. I run a forum dedicated to Korean and Asian music/multimedia and we recently implemented an RSS feed from an entertainment news website. The RSS feed is third-party, I believe. That is, the news website runs its feed on Feedburner and our forum uses that feedburner link to update our members.

The problem is that our "news bot"/RSS feed bot doesn't update whenever Feedburner does. We have our update time interval set to 10 minutes and no new content registers on our forum even if Feedburner keeps updating. It's very frustrating because I have to manually "import" the feed for the content to show up on my forum.

This is the link to the RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/NetizenBuzz
(http://www.netizenbuzz.blogspot.com is the website we draw our content from).

This what our Registered Feed looks like:

2r6f9kz.png

Yet the feed doesn't update every 10 minutes at all, not even if 10 minutes has passed since new content has been available. Can anyone help us with this?

I thought maybe the problem was with an actual file, so I went to public_html/library/Xenforo/model/feed.php

This is what it looks like:

kccp51.png

I actually added in a "3 mins" option to see if I can somehow manipulate the platform to check for updates earlier, but there is no "3 mins" option when I go back to the Registered Feed layout:

291j4h5.png

As an additional check, I even tried to create an RSS feed bot that would update new threads and posts on my own forum and set that interval to 10 minutes. Yet even still the RSS feed didn't update at the regular intervals! I had to import that manually too.

rsdf10.png

The RSS feed link is http://kayoforum.com/forums/-/index.rss
This is supposed to be a feed of new replies and new threads made on our forum, but it doesn't even do that automatically (this was just a test run). I had to import this feed manually too.

So anyway, I'm almost at my wit's end with this because the news RSS feed is welcomed by many of our members, except it doesn't update on its own. I manually have to import every time and that almost defeats the purpose of an RSS feed.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
If you're not running 1.2.3, try upgrading to that.

Conversely, if you are, there is a (new) timeout on RSS feeds to prevent other issues. How many feeds are you trying to import?

If you're not running 1.2.3, try upgrading to that.

Conversely, if you are, there is a (new) timeout on RSS feeds to prevent other issues. How many feeds are you trying to import?

Thanks for your answer.

I'm actually running 1.2.0 but I'm discussing it with my co-admin if we should just update. Would you know if it's likely this would help the problem we're having?

We have 2 feeds. One is a test which we'll get rid of soon, the other is the actual feed we want to see coming into our forum but it won't update automatically.

Top Bottom