XF 2.0 RSS feed delay in uploading

Diana Cox

I have been working with Zapier to create an RSS feed from a Yahoo Groups email group, to upload into my Xenforo community forum. I've got it working - still needs some tweaks to get it right, but there is one nagging problem - despite the fact that I have the "Fetch new entries every" set to 10 min, it is taking over 20 min to show up in the destination forum. The tech at Zapier says:

The delay seems to be between "sending an item to the RSS feed" and "posting to the message board", rather than from "receiving the email" and "sending item to the RSS". If you take a closer look at the timestamps on each step of the Zap on the link above, you'll notice that the item was sent to the RSS feed within a second of the Zap triggering. Can you think of a reason there could be a delay in updating the message board?

Any ideas?

The RSS feeds will only be imported when there's activity on the forum -- that's how scheduled tasks are triggered in XF. If there aren't any views on the forum around the 10 minute time (which is specifically 2, 12, 22, 32... minutes past the hour), then the import won't be triggered until (roughly) the next view.

There isn't really anything built into XF to change that.

OK - please humor me, because I want to make sure I understand:

One message uploaded overnight. But there is something screwy because the email was sent at 2:55 AM and didn’t appear in my RSS feed until 5:20 AM. Do you literally mean someone has to be ON the XenForo board looking at something unrelated to trigger the RSS download?

I guess that’s OK.

Top Bottom