As designed RSS feed contains invalid@example.com in author field

It's intentional. It was added to validate better with the RSS spec (which requires a particular format).

It's intentional. It was added to validate better with the RSS spec (which requires a particular format).
Is there any easy way to remove that? We do an automated import of the RSS and the new format is causing issues. Thanks.

You would need to modify the code to remove it. (It is worth noting that the previous method did not totally follow the spec and caused problems in other scenarios.)

Yeah this doesn't seem very XF. lol
I've just noticed this. Why isn't it picking up the email of the username it's quoting right next to it?

We don't -- and won't -- publish emails of people that sign up for a forum. Hence, there's no email to publish.

I've just noticed this. Why isn't it picking up the email of the username it's quoting right next to it?
There'd be literally nothing stopping someone from creating a crawler that goes through all your feeds periodically and build a mailing list based off your site. I'm glad XenForo does it this way. Although maybe displaying username@siteurl.com (with the username and the site url being legit) which either starts a conversion with the user or forwards to their real email would be cool.

There'd be literally nothing stopping someone from creating a crawler that goes through all your feeds periodically and build a mailing list based off your site. I'm glad XenForo does it this way. Although maybe displaying username@siteurl.com (with the username and the site url being legit) which either starts a conversion with the user or forwards to their real email would be cool.
I see I see.

Top Bottom