• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

As designed RSS feed contains invalid@example.com in author field

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's intentional. It was added to validate better with the RSS spec (which requires a particular format).

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You would need to modify the code to remove it. (It is worth noting that the previous method did not totally follow the spec and caused problems in other scenarios.)

Donny

Yeah this doesn't seem very XF. lol
I've just noticed this. Why isn't it picking up the email of the username it's quoting right next to it?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
We don't -- and won't -- publish emails of people that sign up for a forum. Hence, there's no email to publish.

Daniel Hood

I've just noticed this. Why isn't it picking up the email of the username it's quoting right next to it?
There'd be literally nothing stopping someone from creating a crawler that goes through all your feeds periodically and build a mailing list based off your site. I'm glad XenForo does it this way. Although maybe displaying username@siteurl.com (with the username and the site url being legit) which either starts a conversion with the user or forwards to their real email would be cool.

Donny

There'd be literally nothing stopping someone from creating a crawler that goes through all your feeds periodically and build a mailing list based off your site. I'm glad XenForo does it this way. Although maybe displaying username@siteurl.com (with the username and the site url being legit) which either starts a conversion with the user or forwards to their real email would be cool.
I see I see.