RPG Mod

maxwolfie

You know, with an Experience Bar and a "Level". Those are the most simple elements required. There are more complex RPG mods out there, that even go as far as item finding and "PvP" between forums members.

You know, with an Experience Bar and a "Level". Those are the most simple elements required. There are more complex RPG mods out there, that even go as far as item finding and "PvP" between forums members.

I had XF's default style set as default while I work on my newest add-on, I just set the style to my Icewind Dale style (it's not finished, so no commenting on it), so you can see the hit-point bar under the six online members area located under the map. The bar is normally white for "healthy" members characters, and shrinks as they take damage. It goes green at 75%, yellow at 50%, orange, red, and then black (dead). A bar like this is what you are looking for?

What are you basing experience on? When I finish with my newest add-on I'll be working on my experience points add-on. That, I won't release as it took me a while to figure out, and then fine-tune, how to award experience points based on post quality, and random encounters so that characters may level at the same rate as D&D suggests, but penalizes those whose posts were not all that, well... good. I may release a modified version based on criteria you need, depending on what it is.

My development/role playing-site-to-come: www.icewinddalerp.com

I had XF's default style set as default while I work on my newest add-on, I just set the style to my Icewind Dale style (it's not finished, so no commenting on it), so you can see the hit-point bar under the six online members area located under the map. The bar is normally white for "healthy" members characters, and shrinks as they take damage. It goes green at 75%, yellow at 50%, orange, red, and then black (dead). A bar like this is what you are looking for?

What are you basing experience on? When I finish with my newest add-on I'll be working on my experience points add-on. That, I won't release as it took me a while to figure out, and then fine-tune, how to award experience points based on post quality, and random encounters so that characters may level at the same rate as D&D suggests, but penalizes those whose posts were not all that, well... good. I may release a modified version based on criteria you need, depending on what it is.

Hi Lawrence, I had no specific ideas in mind - You seem to get the drift so an experience system based on quality posts (Likes perhaps, or trophies?).

Your site seems to be down at the moment?

Any updates? :)

Any updates? :)

No, I haven't thought about it due to my schedule. I have a small add-on I am working on for vVv, and when that is finished I will dedicate my time to the Roster add-on, and then to finishing my character generator. I need the character generator completed to work on the rewarding of experience and gold, points system. Once I get that working for my site I will create an add-on for it.

No, I haven't thought about it due to my schedule. I have a small add-on I am working on for vVv, and when that is finished I will dedicate my time to the Roster add-on, and then to finishing my character generator. I need the character generator completed to work on the rewarding of experience and gold, points system. Once I get that working for my site I will create an add-on for it.
No problems, just trying to rush you intentionally. I am just excited, it looks like a great mod!

Top Bottom