Resource icon

Route Changer 1.1.3

No permission to download

Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce submitted a new resource:

Route Changer (version 1.1.2) - Let's you change the name of any URL route.

This addon lets you change any URL route. For example, this URL:

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/off-topic.7/

Can be changed to this:

http://xenforo.com/community/boards/off-topic.7/

Features:
- allows you to change any URL route including routes from third party addons.
- supports forward and backwards route changes, such as if you change a route and then decide to go back to the original route.
- redirects...

Read more about this resource...

I have choose to redirect threads to view and it doesn't work. I used forums to content and works like it should.
Capture.webp
Any ideas Jake?

curious will this take the word pages off the url.

myboard.com/pages/actualpagename

I just want the /pages gone.

I *think* you could do this on a per page basis only but you can do it for all pages I dont think since the mod doesnt and shouldnt really handle wildcards

Jake it seems that this addon has issues with XenPorta. When I enable your addon it causes this error:
A controller for the route path forum/ was not found.

Can you take a look and see what is causing the issue?

Thanks,
Itworx4me

I have choose to redirect threads to view and it doesn't work. I used forums to content and works like it should.
View attachment 26696
Any ideas Jake?

Fixed now. I had tried to create a view route prefix with Jakes old route changer.

That would explain it. This addon won't allow you to overwrite a route that already exists. E.g. you can't change "forums" to "threads" because "threads" already exists in the software. That old addon of mine created a "view" route, so this new addon would then not allow you to assign something else to "view". The code checks for this. It won't give you an error, it just won't work. The same goes for if you were to create a "view" route using this addon and then later you installed an addon that occupied the same route. The result is that this addon would stop applying the conflicting route change.

I thought about implementing validation of route changes at save time, but it's more complicated than that. I decided it was better to just let bad route changes fail gracefully.

Jake it seems that this addon has issues with XenPorta. When I enable your addon it causes this error:

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Thank you for reporting this. I can see why it's failing. XenPorta employs a similar "run time route change" as this addon does. Our two addons are overriding each other depending on the execution order. I will look into this and report back soon. In the meantime you need to disable this option in XenPorta to avoid this conflict:

Screen shot 2012-03-05 at 1.08.21 PM.webp

And note that this addon allows you to change the index route (empty route) like this:

Screen shot 2012-03-05 at 1.07.49 PM.webp

But it doesn't let you assign something else to the index like XenPorta does.

I will address this soon.

This one has been difficult but I think I've got a solution...

I will also be adding more fields to allow you to change more routes. I have people wanting to use this addon to translate routes to a different language, so they need more fields.

This one has been difficult but I think I've got a solution...

I will also be adding more fields to allow you to change more routes. I have people wanting to use this addon to translate routes to a different language, so they need more fields.
Look forward to your fix.

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Top Bottom