Add-on Roster (Enhanced Version)

How are you getting along Lawrence? :)

I'm getting along fine, :) 3 storms (2 major), the flu, and a charity event last weekend ate up some of my free time, but I'm still making progress on the roster. This weekend my goal is to re-write the cache rebuilding method, and to finalize the displaying of user fields. After that all that is left is pagination and ensuring that the members link, when set to point to the roster add-on, works the same as if it was not.

Looking forward to this. :)

Also, In the old version /XenStaff/ had caps, unlike the lowercase standard of most add-on's. Will this be called /roster/, or possibly just /staff/?

any screenshots? :)

Somewhere in this thread there should be, :p No new SS's though.

Any idea when it will be released?

I can't say, all I can say is I want to finish it as soon as possible. It depends mostly on my workload during the weekends.

Looking forward to this. :)

Also, In the old version /XenStaff/ had caps, unlike the lowercase standard of most add-on's. Will this be called /roster/, or possibly just /staff/?

Neither. /roster is the default portion of the URL and can not be altered or removed. The roster add-on allows you to define your own. You can define as many as you like and use them as many times as you like. The only limitation is they must contain letters only. The add-on also checks to make sure the URL portion you create does not already exist in XF or any add-on.

e.g.:
yoursite.com/yourxfinstall/clans.1/
yoursite.com/yourxfinstall/clans.2/
yoursite.com/yourxfinstall/staff/
yoursite.com/yourxfinstall/contributors/

You can create 6 clans (all under 1 tab, or six tabs depending on if you want them viewable to other clans or not) if you like and have 3 staff ones defined.

You can not use 'members' as this is used by XF. There is an option to make it available to the roster add-on. Doing this removes the Members tab however, and makes 'members' available to be used. As the roster add-on allows you to display basically anything to do with members and profiles, you can create your own copy of the members tab, adding or removing different elements as you see fit and as well include a letter sort bar.

In the SS, I have no routes defined as I uninstalled it last night and re-installed it for testing, but you can see what I mean.
Roster SS.webp

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread in a month or so. I had a couple of users join my site so I needed to work on the style and then my Character Generator. The CG will be completed in a few days, and then hopefully I can get back to this.

I have a some custom coding I need to get finished with my site before I can finish the Roster. Not only do I need to be able to add guilds, I need the roster to be able to sort by class (fighter, cleric, etc) and character level. The only thing I have left to do with the character generator is finish off the 47 remaining feat phrases (I hate phrases, gawd), and save the data to the user_character_field. Once that is done I'll add the level-up code. I need this data so members can select their parties based on class and level, and that is one of the functions the roster will have the flexibility to do.

I have a some custom coding I need to get finished with my site before I can finish the Roster. Not only do I need to be able to add guilds, I need the roster to be able to sort by class (fighter, cleric, etc) and character level. The only thing I have left to do with the character generator is finish off the 47 remaining feat phrases (I hate phrases, gawd), and save the data to the user_character_field. Once that is done I'll add the level-up code. I need this data so members can select their parties based on class and level, and that is one of the functions the roster will have the flexibility to do.

After that, whats left?

Sounds like an awesome mod!

Really hope this one works out. currently working on updating our clan site, and a roster / character module would be perfect.

Top Bottom