Add-on Roster (Enhanced Version)

ETA on this?

I can't give an eta as my time is limited. I can say I make progress every day. If you have been trying to follow the progress on my site and seen that there are no "new" tabs viewable it is because I have each tab set to display to admins only for the time being, and I also set the Members Tab to not be displayed (for testing only). I currently have 3 new tabs.

I'm almost finished with the sql conditions for pulling users. I have 2 left to add and they would have been done by today... but XF got a little too busy in the last three days for me to finish it. All that is left after those is what user fields admins want to display and the sorting. FYI, same query count as the normal members tab would use, :)

I'm almost finished with the sql conditions for pulling users. I have 2 left to add and they would have been done by today... but XF got a little too busy in the last three days for me to finish it. All that is left after those is what user fields admins want to display and the sorting. FYI, same query count as the normal members tab would use, :)

Poke :) any update Lawrence?

Been patiently waiting for this. Hurry up Lawrence! (just kidding...take your time...but hopefully not too much ;))

Been patiently waiting for this. Hurry up Lawrence! (just kidding...take your time...but hopefully not too much ;))

I been patiently waiting too, seriously. I found out why my work was making me so tired, it's because my eyes have gotten a lot worse and I have new glasses on order. They were suppose to be here in a "week to ten days" but it's been three weeks. I wanted to have time during the holidays to finish my character generator so I can have the roster sort and display members characters by race and class, that didn't happen, as without my new glasses I'm up and about every ten to 15 mins. to give my eyes a break. I decided to work on a couple of little projects to keep me up to speed, ones where I usually can finish a milestone before my eyes get tired, and wanted for my site anyways.

Just a quick update:

Admins can now set their own route names. Route names must contain letters only and can not already be used by XF or another add-on (it checks for this). Each added route name can be used numerous times. 'rosters' (and roster) can not be added as it is used by the add-on as a default, and is available when creating a roster.

You can now change the members route prefix to point to the Rosters add-on, but only if you set the Remove Members Tab option.

roster_ss_1.webproster_ss_2.webp

I am using the same mod for the same purpose. See www.HackSlashRepeat.com. PM me if you have any questions!

Lawrence, one thing with my site is that I have a few guilds/clans, each with a lot of members. It would be great to see a feature that allows each usergroup to be displayed on a new page, I.e. if you click Guild Members, all guilds are listed (as they are currently), but if you click Path of Exile Guilds Members, it will display a new page entirely with ONLY the Path of Exile Guild Members usergroup displayed.

I can't find any other faults with the mod. Oh, except in the AdminCP, the mod description comes out as gibberish in the Installed Addons list.

I am using the same mod for the same purpose. See www.HackSlashRepeat.com. PM me if you have any questions!

Lawrence, one thing with my site is that I have a few guilds/clans, each with a lot of members. It would be great to see a feature that allows each usergroup to be displayed on a new page, I.e. if you click Guild Members, all guilds are listed (as they are currently), but if you click Path of Exile Guilds Members, it will display a new page entirely with ONLY the Path of Exile Guild Members usergroup displayed.

I can't find any other faults with the mod. Oh, except in the AdminCP, the mod description comes out as gibberish in the Installed Addons list.

Is that XenStaff you are using for your guilds page? When I created that, it was for no more than acknowledging staff or contributors. The gibberish is strange, maybe the phrase got messed up. I use it on my wife's site and never had any issues.

The roster program defaults to what you want it to do. If you do not select any menu items, the groups are displayed as the links in the menu bar. If you select any menu item(s), it has priority over the group links and replaces them. This is done to allow you to create a new members tab, for example, where you can display today's birthdays, gender, recent activity, etc. consisting of members belonging to the groups you selected.

The roster add-on allows admins to create numerous tabs, each with a unique pre-defined (by you) route, and/or create a number of tabs using the same route name. For example, you can create 3 different guild tabs, each containing of a guild group that is displayable to that group only (if you choose), consisting of links from custom fields (if you choose). And at the same time create a Contributors/Sponsors/Staff/or whatever tabs.

I will be using it for guilds, and as well have another tab that allows visitors to list members that have created a character, by different classes: Fighters, Clerics, Thieves, etc. The way Guilds that will be set up with my forum will operate a little different though. Guild links will only be displayed to those members whose characters have a skill level high enough to see them, or have discovered them by adventuring. The displaying of guild members will be handled the same way. This way one guild may be able to plant "moles" in other guilds.

I should add here that I removed the option to allow the roster program to add links to the Members tab. I seen no point to this as you can re-assign the members route prefix to the roster add-on, to be used by you, or not used (either way, the original Members Tab is removed).

Is that XenStaff you are using for your guilds page? When I created that, it was for no more than acknowledging staff or contributors. The gibberish is strange, maybe the phrase got messed up. I use it on my wife's site and never had any issues.

The roster program defaults to what you want it to do. If you do not select any menu items, the groups are displayed as the links in the menu bar. If you select any menu item(s), it has priority over the group links and replaces them. This is done to allow you to create a new members tab, for example, where you can display today's birthdays, gender, recent activity, etc. consisting of members belonging to the groups you selected.

The roster add-on allows admins to create numerous tabs, each with a unique pre-defined (by you) route, and/or create a number of tabs using the same route name. For example, you can create 3 different guild tabs, each containing of a guild group that is displayable to that group only (if you choose), consisting of links from custom fields (if you choose). And at the same time create a Contributors/Sponsors/Staff/or whatever tabs.

I will be using it for guilds, and as well have another tab that allows visitors to list members that have created a character, by different classes: Fighters, Clerics, Thieves, etc. The way Guilds that will be set up with my forum will operate a little different though. Guild links will only be displayed to those members whose characters have a skill level high enough to see them, or have discovered them by adventuring. The displaying of guild members will be handled the same way. This way one guild may be able to plant "moles" in other guilds.

I should add here that I removed the option to allow the roster program to add links to the Members tab. I seen no point to this as you can re-assign the members route prefix to the roster add-on, to be used by you, or not used (either way, the original Members Tab is removed).
Hi Lawrence, yep it's a modified version of XenStaff. A while ago you posted an altered version which was "thanku" rather than "staff", I don't know if you remember. Anyways, I basically searched for all instances of "thanku" and replaced them with "guildmembers". That is how I ended up with what I have now.

As for the rest of your post - that sounds brilliant! I am especially interested in members being able to add "characters" to their profiles, if this is at all possible. If you are able to leave some of the fields open to allow for other games, that would be great too. Even having a "comments" field for each character, so that they can perhaps write a note about what build they are, would be very handy.

Then again you are coming from a RP/D&D perspective, I am purely coming from a gaming point of view. Think Diablo 2/3, Path of Exile etc.

My main issue at the moment (not with your XenStaff mod) is the fact that people join a guild (usergroup) and become inactive (don't visit the forums/don't play any games with us) - Do you have any ideas as to how to remove people from a specific set of usergroups (guilds) when they have not visited the forum in say, a month? I would have thought perhaps a daily cron job to somehow scan the database for members under certain user group ID's that have not visited over a period of time, if they haven't then remove them from said usergroup(s). If you have guilds also, which are based on usergroups, you may also have this issue. The guild gets too big and most of the guild members are inactive.

Very excited to see how this develops Lawrence, I'm running a guild site based on Xenforo and the roster is one feature I would dearly love to have. Even with customisations the members page doesn't really come close to fulfilling this purpose. Some of your screenshots are very tempting - ability to define custom user fields (class, race, level, profession etc) and have this data available for sorting/viewing would be invaluable.

Hope you get some time to work on it.

My main issue at the moment (not with your XenStaff mod) is the fact that people join a guild (usergroup) and become inactive (don't visit the forums/don't play any games with us) - Do you have any ideas as to how to remove people from a specific set of usergroups (guilds) when they have not visited the forum in say, a month? I would have thought perhaps a daily cron job to somehow scan the database for members under certain user group ID's that have not visited over a period of time, if they haven't then remove them from said usergroup(s). If you have guilds also, which are based on usergroups, you may also have this issue. The guild gets too big and most of the guild members are inactive.

This is what I am planning for my site as I used it in the past and it worked fine:

A member wants to create a guild.
If I and my Bounty Hunters agree to that member's request, I create a forum under the role playing category, and make that member a moderator of that forum.
I will then create a new user group with the guild name.
I then assign that same member as group leader of that guild.
The group leader will only be able to add members to his guild, and remove members from his guild (from the public side, not the admin side). It'll be up to the guild leader to let his members know that if they are inactive for an x amount of days/weeks, then he will remove them (if he chooses - as some members may have legit reasons for being away for a month or more).

Very excited to see how this develops Lawrence, I'm running a guild site based on Xenforo and the roster is one feature I would dearly love to have. Even with customisations the members page doesn't really come close to fulfilling this purpose. Some of your screenshots are very tempting - ability to define custom user fields (class, race, level, profession etc) and have this data available for sorting/viewing would be invaluable.

Hope you get some time to work on it.

Thanks, it'll be up to you to define your own custom user fields to use. I have those for testing and won't need them when this add-on is done.

This is what I am planning for my site as I used it in the past and it worked fine:

If I and my Bounty Hunters agree to that member's request, I create a forum under the role playing category, and make that member a moderator of that forum.
The group leader will only be able to add members to his guild, and remove members from his guild (from the public side, not the admin side). It'll be up to the guild leader to let his members know that if they are inactive for an x amount of days/weeks, then he will remove them (if he chooses - as some members may have legit reasons for being away for a month or more).

Thanks, it'll be up to you to define your own custom user fields to use. I have those for testing and won't need them when this add-on is done.
Sounds great. So, the million dollar question: Any idea on when you might be done with it? :)

Any updates? :)

Any updates? :)

Creating your own route names, and the checks to be sure they are not in use by another add-on is completed, and tested.
Re-assigning the "members" route to the roster add-on is completed as well, including setting it back to XF when uninstalling.

The roster add-on is about 80% completed. All that is left is sorting and the display blocks.

Creating your own route names, and the checks to be sure they are not in use by another add-on is completed, and tested.
Re-assigning the "members" route to the roster add-on is completed as well, including setting it back to XF when uninstalling.

The roster add-on is about 80% completed. All that is left is sorting and the display blocks.
Hi Lawrence, just checking to see how you are progressing :D

Top Bottom