Add-on Roster (Enhanced Version)

Gleedo

Hello all,

We have just installed the following mod called XenStaff:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenstaff.5072/

It's quite good but has a few missing features that I am sure would prove useful to many sites, though mainly gaming clans and guilds.

1\ Should still be able to set the following as is in the above mod:
  • Tab Text
  • Title for the page that loads
  • Description for the page that loads
2\ I like how you can just check which usergroups you want displayed, but ideally would need a way to set the display order too.

3\ Optionally use the '
User Title Override' from the user group if one has been set.
4\ Count of members in each usergroup displayed some where appropriate.

5\ A way to decide the display order of the users within those groups to. So possible options might be chronological (date registered), alphabetical, or by post count.

6\ Be able to specify which of the following user fields should be output in the Roster next to each user.
  • Status Message
  • About You
I am willing to pay for this depending on how much it would cost. I also have ideas for other clan/guild related mods which XenForo could do with :)

I have uploaded a screenshot of what the current one looks like as it's quite nice.

Attachments

• roster.webp
    roster.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 332
I have a couple of small things I want to add to my site, and then I'll be updating XenStaff. Actually it will be re-written from the ground up as my site is also a gaming site I need it to display certain data from my character generator. Like how I did the latest users avatar on the home page I'll do the same for XenStaff: code it for a default XenForo installation and then when finished modify it to suit my needs.

I'm about to start this add-on. Although I do not need to display members by specific user groups, I will add that as an option. What I do need it to do is to group members by: Level, Class, Alignment and Race, so grouping members by user fields and custom user fields will be added. You will also be able to sort by user name, date joined, etc.

I'm going to change the title of this thread as it won't be a paid add-on. If there is a list of features you would like let me know.

It would also prove very useful to have the 'last online' date/time available on the roster for each member too if possible? Makes it nice and easy to see who has been active etc.

I'm about to start this add-on. Although I do not need to display members by specific user groups, I will add that as an option. What I do need it to do is to group members by: Level, Class, Alignment and Race, so grouping members by user fields and custom user fields will be added. You will also be able to sort by user name, date joined, etc.
This would be absolutely great, so show groups based on custom user fields!

One thing I can come up with;
Currently, I'm using your addon as a replacement for the members tab (I hid that with the HideMemberTab addon). Works great. But users can still click on any profile, head to that profile (which is fine), but then through the breadcrumb, they can still come to the old member-listing. Would it be possible for you to hijack that breadcrumb link to make it resolve to your page?

I don't have an eta as my time is pretty filled. I normally make good progress on the weekends.

I been thinking of having an option to replace the members tab, which would include breadcrumb links, but haven't really looked into doing that yet as I'm still working on the roster side of it.

I'd love an option to simply add a link the XenStaff page to the current 'Members' navigation option so it doesn't have it's own spot on the main bar.

Like this:

members-nav.webp

Lawrence - I've already popped a link in myself by editing the navigation template, but could you please let me know how can I remove the main XenStaff entry on the navigation bar as it's redundant now?

If I turn it off in the ACP options page then the page becomes accessible :(

What do I need to turn off in the development tab?

Edit: It was the code even listener for this plugin that I needed to turn off, thanks Stewart :)

Sorry, I posted that right as I was leaving, without fully explaining... Glad you got it figured out.

Wow - that looks fantastic Lawrence.

Looks like you have a wide variety of options covered that would suite must clans and guilds :)

Thank you for your work on this! :notworthy:

Top Bottom