Root or Subdirectory?

TheLaw

I'm trying to think of the direction of XF and where to install my XF... I have a great domain that I think will be fantastic. The name itself suggests boards/forums but I wonder whether having a home/front/portal page is advisable and putting XF in a subdirectory will be more flexible. The other option is putting XF in the home with links on the top to the other areas. Curious to know all of your thoughts...

Brogan - thanks... after giving this great thought after reading the thread, all 4 minutes worth, I realized that e.g. babyboard/forums/ doesn't sound very good and that probably best to put the forum in the root and have other things run off the side such as babyboard/reviews for product reviews and babyboard/members/ etc. works best.

OK... I'm excited. This domain seems to be a good one and perfect to see what XF can do. If it takes off, could be one of the larger XF boards from scratch soon. :D

Personally, just shooting from the hip here based on the little bit of info you've given us, I'd put Xenforo in the root and use the Pages function to create a friendly welcome page and pages for any of the other static content you might need.

Brogan - thanks... after giving this great thought after reading the thread, all 4 minutes worth, I realized that e.g. babyboard/forums/ doesn't sound very good and that probably best to put the forum in the root and have other things run off the side such as babyboard/reviews for product reviews and babyboard/members/ etc. works best.

OK... I'm excited. This domain seems to be a good one and perfect to see what XF can do. If it takes off, could be one of the larger XF boards from scratch soon. :D
I'm excited to see what you do with this.

Top Bottom