XF 2.0 Install Xenforo into root or subdirectory?

Jon12345

On previous sites, I have WordPress installed in mysite.com and my other forum software installed under mysite.com/forums. This gives me flexibility to have whatever I want on the home page, although it does mean that the WordPress section and forum section are essentially severed from one another, from an integration perspective.

What do you recommend when using xenforo? What have you done and why?

Thanks,

Jon

I would recommend the same, as they cannot share index.php. I've some workarounds for this but I really wouldn't want to trust it to be honest.

mystic/froums is not likely by many people as you end ups with the forums/froums in the URL as senior uses /forums/ as a default part of the Url when viewing forums or forum list.

So this site uses the subdirectory /community.

If your current site does use the /forums/ subdirectory then I'm not sure what happens if you use a redirect from /forums/ to something else, because it could affect the actual part of the xenforo URL that has /forums.

If I set it up so it is community, do I create a folder called community and then load all the files in there? Or will that give me community/community?