Role of Ashley Busby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grover

Hi,

Just out of curiosity I was wondering what it means to be a 'Business Guy' over here at XenForo?

We don't see Ashley much online/participating on the forums, so I was wondering what this function/position of 'Business Guy' all entails behind the scenes?

I read this...

What are the short, medium, and long term responsibilities of a "XenForo Business Guy"? Which takes up more of your time - day to day duties or planning ahead?

Currently the emphasis is on making XenForo available for sale. This means that there are a plethora of things that need to be in place for this to happen and I get to do the non technical bits. We are also constantly talking to each other about how we want to deal with other matters that have arisen. There is much going on behind the scenes. Our strategy for the medium term is largely dependent on the response in the short term as we have been keen not to take anything for granted or base anything on assumptions. The day to day tasks take up more time during the day and we tend to bunch our planning together in big chunks and deal with matter arising in general terms and discuss any details as and when necessary.

In the long term, the strategy is to build a product that customers (users and admins) want. There are a number of ideas that we think people will love and we as XenForo evolves we plan to implement them to extend XenForo’s appeal.
(Source: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77975. Please do delete this portion above if it turns out that it's not allowed to quote material from The Staf Zone like this)

... but it would be interesting to read a bit more detail, if that's possible :).

Hi,

Just out of curiosity I was wondering what it means to be a 'Business Guy' over here at XenForo?

We don't see Ashley much online/participating on the forums, so I was wondering what this function/position of 'Business Guy' all entails behind the scenes?

I read this...

(Source: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77975. Please do delete this portion above if it turns out that it's not allowed to quote material from The Staf Zone like this)

... but it would be interesting to read a bit more detail, if that's possible :).

It reads like Buzzword Bingo that paragraph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzword_bingo

Someone has to be in charge of sales and finances...and make sure that all the paperwork for the business is done, that is not an easy task. Anyone who has run their own can appreciate that. :)

Someone has to be in charge of sales and finances...and make sure that all the paperwork for the business is done, that is not an easy task. Anyone who has run their own can appreciate that. :)

Sure, I have my own company/foundation, which consists of basically 2 parts: an online -vBulletin 3.8 powered- platform were people support each other in health-related issues and I am in the process of setting up my own practice as a therapist/coach. When it comes to the paperwork I gather and organize/categorize it throughout the year and then hand it over to my bookkeeper when the times comes to do the tax reports. I have no employees (thank goodness), so it's basically me, myself and I (and 6 volunteer moderators on the online platform).

I'm just wondering what the day-to-day or overall duties are for a Business Guy a.k.a Manager ;) at a company such as XenForo Ltd, more specifically. What does it actually mean (specifically) to 'be in charge of sales and finances'?

If they want to be successful in the long run there is much more to do than only to collect papers and hand it over to the bookkeeper :)
Just think about marketing (ok, they had a brilliant start but in the long run they have to do much more), developing new products, pricing, presale questions, contact with lawyers because of the court case, contact with accountants because of the change in taxing (VAT),.....

From the few times I was in contact with Ashley I'm very confident that he is good at what he does.

If they want to be successful in the long run there is much more to do than only to collect papers and hand it over to the bookkeeper :)

Obviously... tell me about it! :)

Just think about marketing (ok, they had a brilliant start but in the long run they have to do much more), developing new products, pricing, presale questions, contact with lawyers because of the court case, contact with accountants because of the change in taxing (VAT),.....

Thanks, that gives me more insight.

From the few times I was in contact with Ashley I'm very confident that he is good at what he does.

Sure, I was/am just curious about the backgrounds.

Well, to exemplify his part of the business: I recently acquired the domain name xenforo.no and asked Kier about the permission for using the domain as a meeting place for fellow norwegians in discussing XenForo.

It was Ashley who responded, stating that they want to protect the trademark XenForo - and rather suggested me to use another name such as XFNorway.com. This is totally understandable, so I've placed a redirection so users will be sent here instead.

So, that Ashley is the 'Business guy' of XenForo is just a little bit more described now. Dunno if this was any help for the thread starter, though.

It's a conspiracy. There's no Ashley Busby! <shifty eyes> It's probably an anagram for

Blab Ye Hussy
or
Blah Busy Yes (talk a lot, yep .. on a forum)
or
Ha Be Buys Sly
or
Ah Buy By Less
or
maybe it just means Ashley Busby and he's the Business Guy

I didn't know we were playing Describe My Occupation!

4.webp
My first name starts with 'a', and I used to work for a well-known forum software company for a number of years before it was purchased by Internet Brands. I now work with XenForo as their "Business Guy." While I don't talk a lot publicly, I do a lot of work behind the scenes. Who am I, and what do I do?
First person to guess correctly wins something special!*​
* Special items are not available at this time. Instead, please accept our lifetime supply of oxygen. It will be delivered immediately upon winning the game.**
** Free samples of oxygen are given out per request for up to thirty seconds.

Yes, I was bored. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom