1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Role of Ashley Busby

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Grover, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity I was wondering what it means to be a 'Business Guy' over here at XenForo?

We don't see Ashley much online/participating on the forums, so I was wondering what this function/position of 'Business Guy' all entails behind the scenes?

I read this...

(Source: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77975. Please do delete this portion above if it turns out that it's not allowed to quote material from The Staf Zone like this)

... but it would be interesting to read a bit more detail, if that's possible :).
  2. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

It reads like Buzzword Bingo that paragraph

gordy likes this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

From what I understand, Ashley is in charge of the business end of XenForo, leaving Mike and Kier to concentrate on the development.
  4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Someone has to be in charge of sales and finances...and make sure that all the paperwork for the business is done, that is not an easy task. Anyone who has run their own can appreciate that. :)
  5. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Really? :p ;). I did mention the word 'detail'...
    Vodkaholic likes this.
  6. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Sure, I have my own company/foundation, which consists of basically 2 parts: an online -vBulletin 3.8 powered- platform were people support each other in health-related issues and I am in the process of setting up my own practice as a therapist/coach. When it comes to the paperwork I gather and organize/categorize it throughout the year and then hand it over to my bookkeeper when the times comes to do the tax reports. I have no employees (thank goodness), so it's basically me, myself and I (and 6 volunteer moderators on the online platform).

I'm just wondering what the day-to-day or overall duties are for a Business Guy a.k.a Manager ;) at a company such as XenForo Ltd, more specifically. What does it actually mean (specifically) to 'be in charge of sales and finances'?
  7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

If they want to be successful in the long run there is much more to do than only to collect papers and hand it over to the bookkeeper :)
    Just think about marketing (ok, they had a brilliant start but in the long run they have to do much more), developing new products, pricing, presale questions, contact with lawyers because of the court case, contact with accountants because of the change in taxing (VAT),.....

From the few times I was in contact with Ashley I'm very confident that he is good at what he does.
    EQnoble, Dragonfly and Vodkaholic like this.
  8. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Obviously... tell me about it! :)

Thanks, that gives me more insight.

Sure, I was/am just curious about the backgrounds.
  9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Grover, if you want details, why don't you pc Ashley and ask him yourself? Obviously, no one on this forum is going to know, in detail, what Ashley does, except Ashley. :)
    erich37 and leftie like this.
  10. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Well, to exemplify his part of the business: I recently acquired the domain name xenforo.no and asked Kier about the permission for using the domain as a meeting place for fellow norwegians in discussing XenForo.

It was Ashley who responded, stating that they want to protect the trademark XenForo - and rather suggested me to use another name such as XFNorway.com. This is totally understandable, so I've placed a redirection so users will be sent here instead.

So, that Ashley is the 'Business guy' of XenForo is just a little bit more described now. Dunno if this was any help for the thread starter, though.
    Peggy likes this.
  11. Floris

Floris Guest

It's a conspiracy. There's no Ashley Busby! <shifty eyes> It's probably an anagram for

Blab Ye Hussy
    Blah Busy Yes (talk a lot, yep .. on a forum)
    Ha Be Buys Sly
    Ah Buy By Less
    maybe it just means Ashley Busby and he's the Business Guy
    Garamond and Peggy like this.
  12. kilcher

kilcher Active Member

It's always flattering when people ask "So... What is it that you do around here anyway?" :p
  13. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Interesting to see how some people react on just simply a genuine question (the same as in the interview) out of interest...
    Floris likes this.
  14. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I'm surprised politics hasn't come up in this thread yet.
    Peggy and Nasr like this.
  15. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

NATO is considering an air strike on Libya!
  16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

LOL. Honestly hun, what did you expect from this bunch?
  17. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

I just wonder if he's related to Matt Busby?
  18. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

19. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Office Space scene. :p
    Dan and trilogy33 like this.
  20. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I didn't know we were playing Describe My Occupation!

My first name starts with 'a', and I used to work for a well-known forum software company for a number of years before it was purchased by Internet Brands. I now work with XenForo as their "Business Guy." While I don't talk a lot publicly, I do a lot of work behind the scenes. Who am I, and what do I do?
    First person to guess correctly wins something special!*​
    * Special items are not available at this time. Instead, please accept our lifetime supply of oxygen. It will be delivered immediately upon winning the game.**
    ** Free samples of oxygen are given out per request for up to thirty seconds.

Yes, I was bored. :oops:
    Peggy and Shelley like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.