Role of Ashley Busby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grover

Hi,

Just out of curiosity I was wondering what it means to be a 'Business Guy' over here at XenForo?

We don't see Ashley much online/participating on the forums, so I was wondering what this function/position of 'Business Guy' all entails behind the scenes?

I read this...

What are the short, medium, and long term responsibilities of a "XenForo Business Guy"? Which takes up more of your time - day to day duties or planning ahead?

Currently the emphasis is on making XenForo available for sale. This means that there are a plethora of things that need to be in place for this to happen and I get to do the non technical bits. We are also constantly talking to each other about how we want to deal with other matters that have arisen. There is much going on behind the scenes. Our strategy for the medium term is largely dependent on the response in the short term as we have been keen not to take anything for granted or base anything on assumptions. The day to day tasks take up more time during the day and we tend to bunch our planning together in big chunks and deal with matter arising in general terms and discuss any details as and when necessary.

In the long term, the strategy is to build a product that customers (users and admins) want. There are a number of ideas that we think people will love and we as XenForo evolves we plan to implement them to extend XenForo’s appeal.
(Source: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77975. Please do delete this portion above if it turns out that it's not allowed to quote material from The Staf Zone like this)

... but it would be interesting to read a bit more detail, if that's possible :).

I didn't know we were playing Describe My Occupation!

My first name starts with 'a', and I used to work for a well-known forum software company for a number of years before it was purchased by Internet Brands. I now work with XenForo as their "Business Guy." While I don't talk a lot publicly, I do a lot of work behind the scenes. Who am I, and what do I do?

First person to guess correctly wins something special!*​

* Special items are not available at this time. Instead, please accept our lifetime supply of oxygen. It will be delivered immediately upon winning the game.**
** Free samples of oxygen are given out per request for up to thirty seconds.

Yes, I was bored. :oops:
OHHH OHHH IS IT TOM CRUISE ?!?!?!? :)

Ashley Busby! YAY, I win the game! I never have to lose again!
You NINJA'D me :-( LOL

:) I just assumed he did everything but write code...I didn't ask though. Probably because (stay with the joke here) it was none of my 'business' :D ( I couldn't resist this) . But in all seriousness I really haven't had real business questions to ask that were worth absorbing his time so I kind of thought it a moot point to bother him with them. I just assumed he is involved in everything XenForo sans coding and that's it. Hmmm.

LOL. Honestly hun, what did you expect from this bunch?

Well... for starters to show at least some respect for a genuine interest-question that has been asked by the TS, in this case me. Instead of letting it derail into some kind of kindergarten as it seems to have turned into by now :confused:. If I wanted to have some off-topic fun I would have posted it in the off-topic section, but this was supposed to be/is a serious kind interest to have some more background information/extension of the interview question that was asked on The Admin Zone, if possible.

Apparently no-one is interested in this, which is fine. But I fail to see why some people find it then necessary to add all kinds of nonsense to it. So, I will kindly ask this thread to be closed: it serves no purpose anymore for me -as the TS- this way. Thank you for understanding.

Well... for starters to show at least some respect for a genuine interest-question that has been asked by the TS, in this case me. Instead of letting it derail into some kind of kindergarten as it seems to have turned into by now. If I wanted to have some off-topic fun I would have posted it in the off-topic section, but this was supposed to be/is a serious kind interest to have some more background information/extension of the interview question that was asked on The Admin Zone, if possible.

Apparently no-one is interested in this, which is fine. But I fail to see why some people find it then necessary to add all kinds of nonsense to it. So, I will kindly ask this thread to be closed: it serves no purpose anymore for me -as the TS- this way. Thank you for understanding.

What you do next time grover is wait until they are involved in a thread that they are passionate about and then de-rail it. Normally when people don't give a toss about the subject matter they generally "LOL" reply and revert back to a self serving, selfish nature. And/or boosting post count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom