Roadmap or Spontaneous Updates?

Roadmap or Spontaneous Updates?

• Total voters

James

Having read the development update recently posted, I wonder how many people would've preferred a roadmap or the spontaneous surprise that we've just recently received.

Which would you prefer?

spontaneous update, for my opnion only. because if theres any hickup during the road map like security exploits, more bug reports than expected which is more time consuming, it will eventually lead to any possible delays which will no longer correspond to the road map itself.
i think spontaneous updates is a more of a comfort zones for the developers, where they release their update at their own pace instead of forcing themself stressing out in order to keep themself within the timeframe for the roadmap they created. IB proved that point already when they released their 4.0 Gold, they announced the gold release dates several months in advance

Depends - and will always depend on what the user is looking for in each release.

Aw geeze, this roadmap thing has been discussed to death and back already.
I vote spontaneous updates.

Surprise me!

As long as things keeps getting better in a timely matter (as they have been), I really don't care either way. I probably wouldn't even be bothered to read a roadmap, TBH. :confused:

Aw geeze, this roadmap thing has been discussed to death and back already.
I vote spontaneous updates.

Surprise me!
I was hoping to see which method people prefer, now that a large majority (if not 100%) are pleased about 1.1. If this turns into another roadmap discussion I think I'll report for closure :D

I never did like take notice of roadmaps, spontaneous updates are always a nice unexpected surprise without that time table that roadmaps often have attached to them.

I was looking to purchase license of Xenforo but for my new forums, Calendar and few other missing features are crucial. As a waiting customer for few features, I would like to purchase the license 3 months before, so it gives me enough time to advertise my forum on my other forums.

Nothing should be perfect and released on same month as specified but road-map helps new customer in deciding what features are going to be added. I was just about to purchase new IPB license but now I know new version is going to have custom profile field and few other things which I was waiting for.

Roadmap is deciding factor at least for me because at present Xenforo doesn't have all features that other competitors are having. With roadmap new waiting customer at least will know what they will get in next 6 months and then they can decide either to wait or go ahead with other options.

Thanks for posting what will be added in 1.1 :)

I think it's much bettter to have these updates where the team is almost certain listed features will be included in next major release, 1.1 in this instance.

I think it's much bettter to have these updates where the team is almost certain listed features will be included in next major release, 1.1 in this instance.

Except for the features they have let slide which they wont now admit.

Except for the features they have let slide which they wont now admit.

Are you talking about features that they didnt mention but will be in 1.1. Or features that you think should be in 1.1 but aren't planned for 1.1?

Are you talking about features that they didnt mention but will be in 1.1. Or features that you think should be in 1.1 but aren't planned for 1.1?

"There are also a few things that we had originally slated for 1.1 that will now be pushed back to a later release in favour of getting 1.1 out sooner with an array of completed features."

Top Bottom