Roadmap or Spontaneous Updates?

Roadmap or Spontaneous Updates?

• Total voters
"There are also a few things that we had originally slated for 1.1 that will now be pushed back to a later release in favour of getting 1.1 out sooner with an array of completed features."

Of course. Prioritizing, I guess.

"There are also a few things that we had originally slated for 1.1 that will now be pushed back to a later release in favour of getting 1.1 out sooner with an array of completed features."
In all seriousness, if I was waiting for a feature then I would know if the devs had planned it for 1.1 as I would check the status of it regularly.

Assuming this is the case for most people, if these people noticed that their functionality that was previously slated for release in 1.1 isn't in the 1.1 feature list, they'd step up and mention it themselves. As nobody has done that yet, I can only assume the functionality that has been pushed back isn't in very popular demand... which shouldn't harm anybody, in my opinion anyway.

I'm not crazy about development roadmaps for the simple reason various reasons... I'd much rather get updates or new features when they're ready then on some arbitrary time line.

In all seriousness, if I was waiting for a feature then I would know if the devs had planned it for 1.1 as I would check the status of it regularly.

Assuming this is the case for most people, if these people noticed that their functionality that was previously slated for release in 1.1 isn't in the 1.1 feature list, they'd step up and mention it themselves. As nobody has done that yet, I can only assume the functionality that has been pushed back isn't in very popular demand... which shouldn't harm anybody, in my opinion anyway.

Agreed - so all im asking is what it is/was.

If no-one cares about, its not something to not mention is it?

Meh, roadmaps are for OS developers.... forum developers are the fighter pilots of the software world.

It's late and I'm tired - sue me :p

Top Bottom