RM: how to change "version number field" towards "text field"

erich37

I would like to use the Resource-Manager (RM) for "Press Releases".

So each Resource-update will be a "Press Release" (e.g.: a separate .pdf-file)

- I would like to re-name the Tab "Updates" towards "Press Releases"
- I would like to re-name the Tab "Version History" towards "Press Releases History"

Question:
at the Tab named "Version History" there is currently the default column named "Version" which is listing the "version numbers".

I would like to get rid of the "version number" and instead give the user the ability to enter some normal text into a text-field. So literally changing the "version number field" into a "text field"

rm_change_version_numbers.webp

Appreciate your input and help/solution for this.

Many thanks!

:)

Last edited:
It's really a general purpose approach: you need to either track down the phrases and change the content (though you do risk other usages being changed unexpectedly), or find where the phrases are used in templates and change the content directly in the templates to fit your needs.

thanks.

I was just wondering if the "version field" is already a "text field" or if it is some other kind of field ?
And if the amount of letters could be changed, so that there could be more text put into the field.

It doesn't expect any particular format, if that's what you're asking. It's generally expected to be a fairly short value though.

well, this is fine when it is just a normal text-field.

I would just like to have the "version string field" to be longer (so that more text can be entered, e.g. limited to 150 or 200 characters) and have this field in a separate line.
Like this:

version_string_field.webp

This would give more flexibility and would be perfect.

:)

Top Bottom