RM 1.1: it has been a year...

imthebest

Well, almost a year since RM 1.1 was released. If you want to see the new features introduced on 1.1 please click here.

I know that the devs are currently busy on their main focus: XF 2.0. However what about RM 1.2? Is that going to be released before the next major version of XF or we need to wait after 2.0 is released?

Thanks,
Super120

I know that the devs are currently busy on their main focus: XF 2.0.
I would hope the RM is updated to be compatible with XF 2.0 close to the release of 2.0 ... but I wouldn't want or expect many big RM changes until 2.0 is well established. Alot of work on RM 1.2 would delay XF 2.0 ... non ?

However what about RM 1.2? Is that going to be released before the next major version of XF or we need to wait after 2.0 is released?

Announcements will be posted in the announcement forum informing you about what's happening in regards to that.

Currently nobody knows an answer apart from the developers because they don't release roadmaps.

Do we need a RM 1.2? What kind of features are you missing?
Personally I'd like to be able to integrate RM with the forum nodes. In other words, post RM reviews and ratings as forum nodes. That way I'd finally have a good review system for the forums. Probably a pipe dream, I know, but one can hope. :D

Personally I'd like to be able to integrate RM with the forum nodes. In other words, post RM reviews and ratings as forum nodes. That way I'd finally have a good review system for the forums. Probably a pipe dream, I know, but one can hope. :D
Xenreviews.com

Xenreviews.com
Well, I think I'd rather pay the RM prices, including the yearly, than the price for this and whatever yearly they're going to charge, but since I probably won't have that choice I'll be sure to check this out when it's final. Thanks for the tip. :cool:

There is a whole suggestion forum that answers your question. The RM is still basic and could use a lot of improvements.

I see that site has an error on the buy page.. that would be a red flag in my books ;)
A new development version of Merchant Framework has just been pushed out on xenreviews.com This alpha version of Merchant Framework has a bug. Not much of a red flag. Just active development with regular updates going on.

A new development version of Merchant Framework has just been pushed out on xenreviews.com This alpha version of Merchant Framework has a bug. Not much of a red flag. Just active development with regular updates going on.
I wouldn't think they would be using unstable code on a production site, especially if that site was put up to showcase and see the script it's using.

But what do I know, it's the first time I've seen that site and I only stop by xf once or twice a month. I do hope it does well but I would still rather have that function in an officially supported xf addon.

Tons! The RM is an excellent piece of stable software but some really basic features are missing:
  • Can't upload resource directly from a forum where automated posts are placed
  • Can't set a bandwidth cap for usergroups x, y, z (some of us host really large files)
  • Staged uploading of files is nice but not when somebody updates a 300MB file every other day. There must be a rule to set that older versions get overwritten/removed to save disc space.
  • Why isn't it possible to not make use of the comments/reviews and place a threaded discussion directly below the resource?
  • No option to insert any form of advertisements in the content area without killing the whole design.
@Super120 thanks for posting this thread, you aren't the only one looking for more features.

Last edited:
Top Bottom