Lack of interest Post a Version number under posts based on what has been edited.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

warwagon

This is something I was thinking about the other night. What I was thinking about was adding version numbers to posts which would vary by how many times the posts get edited. For instances.

When someone first makes a post the post would be Version 1.0.

The next part could happen 1 of 2 ways. Either every time they click "Save changes" button after editing a post the version number then gets changed to 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on.

Or (and I think this better) it would look at how much of the post the user actually changed. If the user replaces every word in the post and starts again, the version number would go from 1.0 to 2.0. If the user only changed half of what was said before, it would go from 1.0 to 1.5.

If the user only changed 1 word in the post it would go from 1.0 to 1.01, you get the idea.

I think it would let someone know if they should re-read a post they have previously read and how much in that post has changed.

v1.03

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
i wouldn't mind this, I once had a plugin for xenforo 1.0 that (with permission) to list first post edits
(Viewing review 12, last edited: timestamp), for certain (sub)forums this is certainly quite handy.

I can't imagine there's a high demand for this, so I dont' think we will see this happen, but I wouldn't mind this at all to have this again (and as a default).

Top Bottom