Other Rewrites

dking

I really want to get someone that is good with rewrites to come in and take a look and optimize my .htaccess file and help scrub through Google webmaster reports to figure it all out. My forum is over 17 years old and have gone though several forum brands over the years. I'm just not smart enough to sort it out :)

Ideally you should provide the specific cases that need to be fixed. Then I can provide rules.

Sorry folks I have been out... Got my son all married off this weekend and it has been pretty busy around the home front.... Jake my problem is that there is so much I am afraid that if I make one change I will affect something else... I am really open to just paying someone to come in and let things air out.. In all honesty rewrites to me is like an achilles heel, I just don't get it. I do believe that part of my problem is that I have gone through so many forums over the years and to top that off I had VBSEO and and and.. a mess for sure..

Sorry folks I have been out... Got my son all married off this weekend and it has been pretty busy around the home front.... Jake my problem is that there is so much I am afraid that if I make one change I will affect something else... I am really open to just paying someone to come in and let things air out.. In all honesty rewrites to me is like an achilles heel, I just don't get it. I do believe that part of my problem is that I have gone through so many forums over the years and to top that off I had VBSEO and and and.. a mess for sure..

I can make new rules very precise such that they shouldn't affect anything else. I just need specific examples.

Jake I'm soooo close brother.. I have 90% +)- working now, >>>> Like the rewrite humor in there :) <<<<<< I have been at this non stop since your PM to me so thank you for the guidance, I'm not so smart but tenacious I am.... 17 years worth of links and we were able to keep them coming in.. This isn't a huge deal for developers but for a old guy this is a win....

Thank you Jake!

Top Bottom