- The goal of this thread is to hear possibility status (from staffs) and interests and feedbacks (from anyone)
- Wherever examples provided, the only goal is clarification and not the advertisement.
As I understood, although there are lots of new things in XF2 so far, its' main focus is on improving the core and increasing the quality until 2.x. (So far so good. And Thanks for your hard work)
But why not taking more care about the Resource Manager? I mean:
- Setting strict and tough rules for submitting resources here.
- Review the resources (and updates) before approving them here.
- Taking more care of Ratings and Reviews.
- YES, I wish to see these tough rules even if ALL my add-ons be removed from RM.
- When you add a resource to Moodle's repository, (first the system, and then) some people review it to see if it has must have standards of the framework or not.
- Robots and those people will communicate with you until you fully respect the standards. Then the resource will be approved.
- There is an awesome Bug Tracking system there.
- (making dedicated forums for each add-on is an awesome feature too. But cause it's a big request, I'm not going deep into this one and providing real examples at this time)
- Some people are adding tons of add-ons that only run a simple query (and sometimes raw query is used)
- They appear on top because they submitted tons of resources
- They get tons of reviews (I'm not going to say how)
- You don't see the complaints in associated threads or reviews (I'm not going to say why)
- On the other side:
- There are some great developers that hardly can be seen in the list (cause they have less than 20 resources at all)
- Their add-ons are in a way that some big sites are not moving to new frameworks just because of their add-ons (And I heard it myself)
- You can see injustice reviews and complaints on their add-ons and their associated threads.
- When they update, it really means hundreds of lines of codes are changed and/or added. But you can't see their update on top of the list because someone from another side suddenly updates +50 add-ons with the same 1 line patch!
- The result: great developers say goodbye to XF and "1 line query runners" are being added always