XF 2.1 Revert user to approval required for posts

ALJW

Is there a way I can moderate a specific user?

i.e,. I have all members able to post in their respective forums, but there is one user I'm concerned may be a problem person. I want to set him on moderated, so that I have to approve all of his posts before they appear to the public.

I tried looking at his profile, but cannot figure out how to do this?

Suggestions?

Set his user permissions in the ACP admin.php?permissions/users/ Set "Submit content without approval" to Never.

How does this work if the member is a member of various groups with different permissions set? Do the groups permissions take precedent over the setting of individual permissions and any changes as above are in addition to, or do all the permissions for that user need setting separately?

ie member is 'Registered' also member of 'Support' group, user permission "Submit content without approval" set to Never, do other permissions for that user require setting or do they inherit that of 'Support' and 'Registered' ?

I hope that this is clear :)

I've seen this done on another forum (not the one I'm involved with) like this:

Secondary User Group titled "On Moderation".
Permission " Submit content without approval " set to Never.

Affected users are added to this secondary UserGroup.

It can be done in the "front end" by use of Warnings and Warning Actions to place the user in this group.

That works, thanks

1594972571639.webp

And it doesn't affect the permissions set for any other secondary groups the user is in.

When the moderated user makes a post they see....

1594972683690.webp

(y)

Top Bottom