1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revert User Permissions?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Carlos, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Okay, so I try to edit a forum permission for guests, and set everything to "disallow" but then it messes up global view of everything for guests. So Opps. I screwed up.

Is there a way to revert the permissions back to normal for this group? Yes, the standard guests group.

xenForo beta 5 here.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no revert option for the default group permissions. You need to change the permissions back manually. Here is a snapshot of the default Forum Permissions for the guest group after a new install:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed

Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 3.06.35 PM.png

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Does the usergroup(s) have its own file that I can replace?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Everything (except avatars and attachments) is stored in the database.
    If you set everything back to the default as Jake suggested then that will reset the permissions.

5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

But when I went to the usergroup, and set it to default, I try to log out, I see that the site is showing the login screen.

Hm. :-/

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you see nothing but the login screen as a guest then that probably means they don't have the View permission:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed -> View

Here is a screen cap of the default permissions for guests under the General Permissions area:

Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 3.33.35 PM.png

7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

YAY! It worked!

Now all that's left is to make this a suggestion.