Revert User Permissions?

Carlos

Okay, so I try to edit a forum permission for guests, and set everything to "disallow" but then it messes up global view of everything for guests. So Opps. I screwed up.

Is there a way to revert the permissions back to normal for this group? Yes, the standard guests group.

xenForo beta 5 here.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
There is no revert option for the default group permissions. You need to change the permissions back manually. Here is a snapshot of the default Forum Permissions for the guest group after a new install:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed

Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 3.06.35 PM.png

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Everything (except avatars and attachments) is stored in the database.
If you set everything back to the default as Jake suggested then that will reset the permissions.

Carlos

But when I went to the usergroup, and set it to default, I try to log out, I see that the site is showing the login screen.

Hm. :-/

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
But when I went to the usergroup, and set it to default, I try to log out, I see that the site is showing the login screen.
If you see nothing but the login screen as a guest then that probably means they don't have the View permission:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed -> View

Here is a screen cap of the default permissions for guests under the General Permissions area:

Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 3.33.35 PM.png