Add-on Revenue Sharing and more!..

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Hello everyone,
Well, I started this project before my 'Product Manager' but had to put it on hold because I needed to open my site, and for that I needed to finish the Product Manager add-on.

Anyways, this add-on will have two objectives:
Primary Objective:
This add-on will enable users of certain group to show their ads on the threads they create (using their google adsense publisher ID or custom banners, admins got to choose).​
There will be two kinds of groups:​
  • Associates - These groups' ads will be shown only on the threads that they create.
  • Super Associates - These groups' ads will be shown globally (except for the thread pages where owner is a associate or a super associate)
It will have features like when the thread owner is viewing his/her thread, one of the global ads will be shown.
...and more features will be added on the go and via requests​
Secondary Objective:
You can show your own ads and can sell ad spaces.​

There will be Ad Positions, Ad Zones and CSS styling so that you don't have to worry about the 'look'. The ads will also be based on User and Page criteria. :D You can manage the ads, and for the associates, you can ban users, once they are banned they can never create advertisement (that includes buying ad space) till you remove the ban.

Detailed statistics will also be included: total number of ad views in a day (chart for last 7 days) and all-time stats.. and for banners, total number of clicks will also be recorded.

I will post screenshots and mockups soon... and I am posting this here because I don't want to waste my time on an 'uninteresting' project... and so I want to know if you people are interested... and also post your suggestions.

Thanks! :)

I like this idea. It makes alot of (Ad)sense ;).

(1) How often does Google have multiple Adsense accounts at one domain ? Can you have 20 ? If one member's adsense gets banned, does it impact the other's accounts ?
(2) Forums have Forum-based permissions. This idea is thread-based. You might want to implement some of the permissions that were created in this tool. Forinstance, the person who creates the thread can moderate it !

I think this addon could help an admin recruit people to post on their site.

I like this idea. It makes alot of (Ad)sense ;).

(1) How often does Google have multiple Adsense accounts at one domain ? Can you have 20 ? If one member's adsense gets banned, does it impact the other's accounts ?
(2) Forums have Forum-based permissions. This idea is thread-based. You might want to implement some of the permissions that were created in this tool. Forinstance, the person who creates the thread can moderate it !
1) Actually adsense allows any number of pubId per domain... http://www.triond.com/ uses Adsense and they are actually partners... only thing that Google does not want is multiple Id per page... so this add-on will only show the starter's ad, no one else.

2) Got it :) Thanks for the suggestion.
I think this addon could help an admin recruit people to post on their site.
Yep, this should help boost the activity... but there's only one drawback, people will create spam threads... and that's why the 'associates' should be limited to trusted groups...

The assumption is that associates that create better threads will get more adsense money. It probably is true. To what extent does Google rank sites or threads or some combination of it all.

To what extent does Google rank sites or threads or some combination of it all.
Don't know about that... as far as I know, they show contextual ads (ads related to the content of the page) and this also depends on the viewer... If someone from my country (Bangladesh) clicks the ad I get a maximum of 2 cents :( and if someone from USA or UK clicks the ad the minimum amount is 50 cents... so everything depends on Adsense's 'mood' :P

Okay... the ad position section is complete... any feedback would be helpful... thanks! :D

And yes, all the available hooks will be fetched automatically (y)

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    16 KB · Views: 37
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 37
Another set of screenies... now featuring ad zones :D

Let me know what you think... I am only adding the User and Page Criteria... Don't think the other two are necessary...

Attachments

• 7.webp
    7.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 9.webp
    9.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 10.webp
    10.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 11.webp
    11.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 12.webp
    12.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 31
I have two questions.

1) Will this offer other ways to distinguish between usergroups? (If not limited to specific usergroups, then perhaps somehow offer the ability to set the percentage of revenue sharing for usergroups. Default 20%, supporting members 50% or something along those lines).
2) Will it take into account the regular ads in order to ensure that the amount of ads shown will not violate the maximum amount of ads dictated by a publisher?

If both of the answers are yes, I'm very interested.

1) Will this offer other ways to distinguish between usergroups? (If not limited to specific usergroups, then perhaps somehow offer the ability to set the percentage of revenue sharing for usergroups. Default 20%, supporting members 50% or something along those lines).
Yes, we'll have per user-group based ratio...
2) Will it take into account the regular ads in order to ensure that the amount of ads shown will not violate the maximum amount of ads dictated by a publisher?
Sorry I didn't get it... can you please elaborate?

I'm loving this! Can't wait till it's release. :D

Will it be a free add on or will you be charging for it?

Top Bottom