Returning to the Edit Page... page, when saving

Lisa

For my sanity, I'm begging here :)

Would it be at all possible to either return to the "Edit Page" when you save, or have it as an option? Only I can't be the only person who is putting a lot of custom code into pages and saves periodically when working to check the changes? It's a nightmare saving, then having to scroll back down to select the page I'm working on time after time - especially with the amount of pages I've got to do.

I know it only takes a couple of seconds to reopen the edit page, but when you're doing 30 or 40 pages, those seconds sure mount up :D

I'm begging... please please please *kiss kiss kiss*

Upvote 19
For my sanity, I'm begging here :)

Would it be at all possible to either return to the "Edit Page" when you save, or have it as an option? Only I can't be the only person who is putting a lot of custom code into pages and saves periodically when working to check the changes? It's a nightmare saving, then having to scroll back down to select the page I'm working on time after time - especially with the amount of pages I've got to do.

I know it only takes a couple of seconds to reopen the edit page, but when you're doing 30 or 40 pages, those seconds sure mount up :D

I'm begging... please please please *kiss kiss kiss*

Very good suggestion. I would like to see after saving, that your directed back to the editing page rather than the listings area and having to click back into "x page" to go back into edit mode. Like with editing templates if you edit the template you automatically remain in that template to edit further if needed not back to template listings.

Would like to see this suggestion, if possible included.

Maybe have two different Save buttons. One that saves and keeps you where you are and another that saves and exits. I've seen this implemented elsewhere and it works great.

Azhria Lilu, you read my mind!

Ive been creating a lot of pages and it drives me mad having to keep scrolling back through the pages to find the one I was editing before saving.

+1 for the same saving system as the templates.

I don't understand the comments related to scrolling.

The page just edited and saved is always emboldened and at the top of the window.

To be honest, the bolding and it being at the top (which I can't say I've noticed.. but that's probably just me) isn't the issue here anyway... it's being taken out of the page you're coding and then having to go back in and refind your place. It can really distract the flow of what you're doing :(

That is the major issue that I personally have is the fact you have to keep directing yourself back onto the page where your editing. I think the best solution at hand would be to add in (as mentioned) a "Save & Exit" and a "Save Changes" which would be a nice addition and save time from keep going back into that page template that you want to edit further and/or fix.

Ignoring technical difficulties etc.

I completely agree. [Save&Reload], almost a must. I already have an [Admin: Edit Page] link in the footer on my /pages/ just so I can save, wait for it to show nodelist, close tab .. And then just click on the page's edit link again to load a new tab with the node.

why not creating a new template for that particular page and place this single code
Code:
<xen:include template="new_page" />
in your page ;)
now you can edit the template (page) freely without any problem

why not creating a new template for that particular page and place this single code
Code:
in your page ;)

For me thats too much faffing about. I would rather wait until a "fix" is implemented.

Im guessing it wouldnt be diffcult for KAM as they use the same saving system for templates.

I have two pages so far and its working like a charm ... ;) I am using this way to avoid to go back and forth all the time is just to much work

+1 to the suggestion

I can tell you there's a difference between having less than a handful of nodes in your node list and 300 + ..
But thanks for your opinion.

Code:
in your page ;)

I personally wouldn't go for this method if you have scores of pages which means scores upon scores of templates when an additional button will do the trick. I guess that is fine if you have 1 or 2 pages but we are dealing with so much more which will grow over time.

Top Bottom