Lack of interest Option to Stay on Page When Saving Widgets and Nodes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What's the use case?

Why would you need to make further changes and save a node or widget, after making changes and saving?

I was, apparently, unaware that the template code was accusable as a regular template. I've been editing the freaking node and reopening it again and again and trying to use that little tiny box.

My widget never works right the first time. Or the seventh. I'm underselling the number. I'd just like to not have to reopen it every time.

What's the use case?

Why would you need to make further changes and save a node or widget, after making changes and saving?
I'm guessing because you sometimes do have to go back in and make further changes, and it can be annoying when you have dozens of node/widgets, especially as there's no filtering options for them (I often use Ctrl+F in my browser to find them). More of an annoyance, for me, with the widgets than nodes, because of the way they're displayed: yes, I can search, but I have, for example, more than a dozen various "latest threads" for nodes and users, some using search nodes, some not. I think what he's wanting is maybe just the same options you have when updating templates, to save and stay on the same page or save and exit, something like that.

Last edited:
I can't say I've ever needed to make further changes to a node or widget after making changes and saving.

So for me the change would be an annoyance as I would have to explicitly close the page or navigate away.

Well, you might be better at it than some of us. :)

But I imagine anyone who's mucking about with an html widget for the first time has to go back in more than once. And it wouldn't be any more annoying than it is with the templates. One button to "Save" and one to "Save and exit"

I can't say I've ever needed to make further changes to a node or widget after making changes and saving.

So for me the change would be an annoyance as I would have to explicitly close the page or navigate away.
I mean, you have a "Save and Exit" button on templates.

Top Bottom