Returning to the Edit Page... page, when saving

Lisa

For my sanity, I'm begging here :)

Would it be at all possible to either return to the "Edit Page" when you save, or have it as an option? Only I can't be the only person who is putting a lot of custom code into pages and saves periodically when working to check the changes? It's a nightmare saving, then having to scroll back down to select the page I'm working on time after time - especially with the amount of pages I've got to do.

I know it only takes a couple of seconds to reopen the edit page, but when you're doing 30 or 40 pages, those seconds sure mount up :D

I'm begging... please please please *kiss kiss kiss*

Upvote 19
I personally wouldn't go for this method if you have scores of pages which means scores upon scores of templates when an additional button will do the trick. I guess that is fine if you have 1 or 2 pages but we are dealing with so much more which will grow over time.
And I'm dealing with a lot of pages :D

I've recently been working on a lot of pages on my forum, some that contain a lot of information (certain pages contain information of about 8 to 9 chapters of the 'manga' our fan site is based about). It's still in the works and there is a lot of editing going on and this is starting to get really annoying, at first it was fine but with a lot of content having to just save and having to load it again and go back to the place I was working on is getting annoying.

I totally agree with this, we need this for pages as well. Would be great for pages that have a lot of content and while adding new content to pages!

I'd like to see this added still (if it hasn't already) I haven't checked and haven't played with pages for a while so unsure.

Like the templates but mainly for consistency would be nice.

"Save All Changes" - Reloads the Page area.
"Save and Exit" - Brings to the listings.

Not sure if this has always been the case, but every page has its own template named _page_node.XX where XX is the Node ID.

Edit: I guess you need to have debug mode enabled to see it.

Not sure if this has always been the case, but every page has its own template named _page_node.XX where XX is the Node ID.

Yeah it has which people I think are aware of, but if you have multiple styles (and generally people do) and many pages (which many people do) that is a lot of edits to ask someone to make.

This suggestion Azhria made is a very sound suggestion and I personally feel should be included in the core. The solution you mentioned, I've always been aware of but this is asking anyone person to deploy a vast amount of work when a simple button would rectify this somewhat irritating issue. :)

I agree, it's a good suggestion.

Just noticed that nobody had mentioned about the template (it was even suggested that a second template should be created o_O).

Top Bottom