1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrieving Registered Members information

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by SportainmentMG, Aug 14, 2012.

1. SportainmentMG

SportainmentMG Active Member

Hey all,
    I know this may be a question that could have a basic answer but at the moment I can't find it.

I am trying to find out how/what code I need to get how many registered members we have.

What I am looking at doing (and I know its hard when you compare a non-xF site with xF code) is similar to this: http://bloody-disgusting.com/forums/ where near the top it has 151,677 Infected Strong.

I am looking at doing the same with the code in my black header (so need the text etc to be white) where it grabs just the number so I can have on my site: {number} Victims so far... where it would automatically update with each new registrant.

I also need to know where to put the code.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A template hook can be used to insert content at a specific point on the page. Here is a code example of a template hook:

For your purposes you can use the "header_logo" hook which will insert your content into the header area.

Then you need to write the code to query the member count and append the result to the $contents of the hook.

If you are not a programmer then you can post a request:

3. SportainmentMG

SportainmentMG Active Member

Thanks I will work on it and see what I can come up with.

Thank you for your assistance.