• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Rethought of Path To Images

Junior

By default path to images is styles/default, I'm suggesting it be styles/default/xenforo

Reason:
While creating a new theme (we'll call the theme bob), if I change the path to images to /bob/, all current images of xenforo will try to connect them to /bob/xenforo since @imagepath/xenforo/ is what all image paths are currently inside tempalates.

Why it's a problem:
If a skin developer starts creating a custom style and adds a custom image they will have to do the following with the way xenforo is currently set up: /styles/bob/gradient/mygradient.png. If someone using the template renames the template folder, they will have to go and find all my image paths and rename them.

Solution:
Set path to images to be styles/default/xenforo and change the imagepaths of all images by default to exclude the /xenforo/

---

Of course I can manually do this every time I create an xenforo theme but it would be a lot less time consuming if it was already done.

Optionally (if it doesn't already exists) @templatepath. @templatepath won't pull the image path but will instead know what template is selected and where it is saved. If this is already avaialble

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I have a /images directory in my styles directory at the same heirarchy as the xenforo directory and I have css created as e.g. @imagePath/images/image.png

With this change, I would then have to move my directory to inside the xenforo directory.

I didn't really understand the point as to why it needs to change - I'll re-read your post.

Junior

Hey Brogan

Seems like a simple enough fix. I suppose my suggestion would work for people who install styles directly into the styles directory, but not for people who install styles inside the default directory.