XF 1.4 Restrict users from posting in specific forums

ItsJube

Hello,

How would I restrict a user group from posting in a specific forum? For example, ONLY admins (moderators cannot either) can post in the "announcements" forum, but normal users can reply and view announcements.

I am moving from IPB, and I am a bit lost on how to do this in xenforo.

If all of your users have the same primary group (which they should), in the node permissions for the announcements forum, set the Post thread and Post replies permission to revoke for that global usergroup (the default one - 'Registered Users' works fine), and set the Administrator usergroup to 'Allow' for those permissions.

Liam

Revoke the permission in the node for the Registered user group, allow it for the 'staff' user group.
I modified "registered members" to the permissions i wanted (i.e. able to respond to PMs, but not able to delete their own threads, etc). Then I added my copy user groups, I didn't set the permissions for any of them. I assume they will be inherited automatically by registered members? if not, where do i set these groups as inheritance of register members?

Also, this option you mentioned for revoking permissions to the node, where is it?

If all of your users have the same primary group (which they should), in the node permissions for the announcements forum, set the Post thread and Post replies permission to revoke for that global usergroup (the default one - 'Registered Users' works fine), and set the Administrator usergroup to 'Allow' for those permissions.

Liam

Please see above for what I did with my user groups. Where is this option for the annoucement forum?

Navigate to the node tree, click on the Permissions link on the right hand side.
Thanks, that works pretty well. I assume I cannot add any additional permission nodes? How does inheritance work? I revoked the permissions for all registered users. Then I, as an administrator, was unable to post in this forum. I fixed this by giving the "administrating" group access. So each user that has access to this must be a part of the administrating permission node?

Top Bottom