XF 2.2 Restrict post deletion

knobby

Hi folks,

I've had a couple of users recently who spat their dummy out and deleted all of their posts, which obviously spoils the threads for other people. I did manage to go through an undelete the posts but it was a pain to do. So now I've stopped anyone deleting there own posts, which now means they have to send a message to me and I have to do it which isn't ideal.
Is there a way (either natively or with an add-on) to add a delay between a user deleting multiple posts? Having to wait say 15 minutes between deleting each post may deter people from doing it.

Can't answer your technical question about implementing a delay between a member's self-deletions, but as to this . . .

So now I've stopped anyone deleting there own posts, which now means they have to send a message to me and I have to do it which isn't ideal.

. . . No, you don't.

On my site, no one can self-delete a post beyond what they can do within the 48 hour editing period I give, because that's just a permission rule of the forum. Now, if once in a while someone wants to delete one old post for some good reason they give me, I'd do it. But I certainly wouldn't allow wholesale deletions of multiple posts just because someone has a bee in their bonnet or some other emotional whim.

Is there a way (either natively or with an add-on) to add a delay between a user deleting multiple posts? Having to wait say 15 minutes between deleting each post may deter people from doing it.

Yes.

Top Bottom