Resource icon

Restrict Connected Account Registration and Login 1.0.0

No permission to download

Vekseid

Vekseid submitted a new resource:

Restrict Connected Account Registration and Login - Block selected connected account providers from being used for Registration or Login

Certain providers, like Patreon, explicitly state that they should not be used as an authentication provider. Additionally, there is the matter of choice paralysis / blinding people with a thousand different signup options at login or registration.

Or maybe you're just a control freak. Admit it, take pride in it, wear it like armor.

Not tested in 2.0 but should function.

Read more about this resource...

Im confused by the purpose of this addon. Connected Account registration is only active if you activate the provider(s). So why the need to restrict something that you can just keep disabled?

Im confused by the purpose of this addon. Connected Account registration is only active if you activate the provider(s). So why the need to restrict something that you can just keep disabled?
Same question for me :unsure:

If you want to integrate with Patreon for payments, or role-sync with Discord, or sync with Twitter, or whatever, this lets you do that without having them as registration/login options.

Mostly, this is because I need to write my own Patreon addon and there's no way to block auth use from inside the class itself, I need to extend Xenforo more generally.

Top Bottom