Restful Interface Integration?

DaiAku

A group of us are creating yet new site. There is a restful framework front end that we would really like to use in combination with Xenforo. I know there are a few add-ons that cater for this but I wanted to ask the Xenforo folks if they plan on adding anything in the core for restful api.

All the add-ons that seem to help with this all say it would be better if this was done by Xenforo themselves. So there you have it. Any plans?

Thanks!

You'll need to watch the HYS forum for any feature announcements, roadmaps are traditionally not released.

You'll need to watch the HYS forum for any feature announcements, roadmaps are traditionally not released.

Yes, the HYS is always helpful. However, I am not really asking for a road map per say. Just really wondering if they are considering this at all and what would be the best course of action if they are not.

Anything that has been posted as a suggestion will be considered from the point of view of how popular it is perceived to be (among probably a whole range of other criteria).

A suggestion for this already exists:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/full-native-restful-api-built-into-xenforo.48787

The best thing to do is just show your support for that suggestion by liking the first post. It's unlikely XenForo will comment on individual suggestions. Traditionally they don't.

Anything that has been posted as a suggestion will be considered from the point of view of how popular it is perceived to be (among probably a whole range of other criteria).

A suggestion for this already exists:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/full-native-restful-api-built-into-xenforo.48787

The best thing to do is just show your support for that suggestion by liking the first post. It's unlikely XenForo will comment on individual suggestions. Traditionally they don't.

Ok, thanks - added my vote.

I'd like to see more info about what's coming too - not only will it be useful for us but it will be useful for KAM getting early feedback. Knowing where you are and where the software is going is one of the best things about open source projects like Rails - pretty much everything is public.

There has not been a single XF feature which, if announced early, would have been any problem with regards to being ripped off/copied.

Creating a native API shouldn't really be considered based on popularity here though should it? IMHO, this is a core requirement/business decision on the part of the owners related to how interested they really are in having xenForo expand and be extended far beyond anything they can truly control.

Top Bottom