Fixed Responsive reply to thread width

Hornstar

I've noticed after replying to a thread the responsive screen on the iPhone 5 is slightly zoomed in and can be moved around and I have to keep zooming out to get everything back on the page.

This happens when ever you click in the editor however only remains after replying to a thread. Creating a thread will revert back to normal size after posting which is good.

image.webp

image.webp

I think the main problem is when ever you click in the editor it makes the responsive zoom in slightly so you need to zoom out to make the width fixed.

The difference is that when you post a thread, it opens a new page. Making a reply doesn't, so I'm not sure how much we can do here (without getting into things like disabling zooming).

I'd dislike it if zooming was disabled completely. However I also dislike having to keep zooming out after every post. Is there a way to make it so when you click in the editor the editor does not expand to cause the page to enlarge?

It looks like we can disable zoom if the input has a text size of 16px or larger so I'm experimenting with applying that for iPhones. That said, it may not stay - it can always be applied via a style property if desired.

Looks like you have made further changes to this. It is now awesome and totally fixed in the thread and reply area :) I'm very happy now.

@Mike any chance you can apply that same fix to the profile and any other areas that may have been overlooked?

Top Bottom