Responsive Design for XenForo 1.1 [Paid] [Deleted]

Andy, you must remove the fixed width value and insert: max-width: 992px; into the extra field value. That fixes the width, yet won't impede responsiveness.

You cannot have a fixed width with responsive design, because you would need to use CSS table values to do it, which has there own issues. You must use max-width to fix your site, with margins 0 auto so it centers.
No need to do that. Problem was in incorrect location of width. It was in extra field of @pageWidth instead of width field.

Add-on checks for @pageWidth.width and applies dynamic width if fixed width isn't set. If width is set, it removes width only when resolution is below 700px (configurable).

Arty... shouldn't that be dropping the side margins for the mobile media queries? Making full space of a mobile screen?
It does.

I'll return the bug finding favor :) the breadcrumb looks a bit off in anything other than pages than the forums(check help/members)

Andy, you must remove the fixed width value and insert: max-width: 992px; into the extra field value. That fixes the width, yet won't impede responsiveness.

You cannot have a fixed width with responsive design, because you would need to use CSS table values to do it, which has there own issues. You must use max-width to fix your site, with margins 0 auto so it centers.

Arty... shouldn't that be dropping the side margins for the mobile media queries? Making full space of a mobile screen?
Anthony,
Arty has been helping me out with getting the Flexile up to code. Things are looking up very nicely.
I still have the issue of the style does not look correctly in iPad.

Add-on sets min-width for html and body elements to 320px. I've changed it to change those values only on low screen resolution.
So if I download and update to future versions, it will be in the XML and not overwrite these changes, correct?

One of the biggest things remaining is table. I don't know if we have any solution to fit a table into this. Or maybe use the responsive_extra.css to hide a few columns? ;)

So if I download and update to future versions, it will be in the XML and not overwrite these changes, correct?

One of the biggest things remaining is table. I don't know if we have any solution to fit a table into this. Or maybe use the responsive_extra.css to hide a few columns? ;)
Yes, your changes won't be overwritten. All custom css is in responsive_extra.css, the rest are changed via style properties.

What table are you talking about?
Are you offering a developer level version? Branding free?
Yes, but its not ready yet.

Can you help me get this to work properly with the Quark style?
Sure. That style uses structure very close to default style, so most likely it will require only minor tweaks.
I see an error display on my site:

How can I fix this?
Thank you.
Its a bug. Ignore it for now, it doesn't break anything. I'll upload fixed xml file within next few hours.

What are the sites that are using this add-on? I'd like to see how XF looks on mobile with this add-on.

Add-on updated.

Changes:
  • More bug fixes
  • Support for xenPorta

What are the sites that are using this add-on? I'd like to see how XF looks on mobile with this add-on.
Add-on is new, there are only few installations so far. I can't post their URLs without owner's permissions, so I hope owners will reply.

Got latest version.
Few small things

1) On threads listing view, it shows 2 column headers, Title and Last message. You can short by Last Message but in Conversation listing view, it has Conversation Title and Last Post where there is no sorting arrow for Last post.
I'm not sure if this is a design inconsistency or as designed.

2) I may have found a bug with the mobile logo. If I don't specific a path for a specific mobile logo and use the desktop logo, the CSS I put in the responsive_extra.css to center the logo would work fine. If I specify a logo path for mobile, it will slightly off center.

Top Bottom