Respollo

Respollo 1.0.2

No permission to download

CyberAP

CyberAP submitted a new resource:

Respollo - Makes your logo play nicely on a mobile layout with a simple addon!

So, your logo is too wide or too small for mobile layout. We can fix that with a little help of a magical media-queries.

This is a style property addon. That means that everything is controlled through style properties when you install this addon. It can also be configured differently per style.

What this addon can do and where it's located:
  • Scale logo to page's maximum width (Header and Navigation style property)
  • Align logo to the center on narrow width (This property and...

Read more about this resource...

While this is nice don't see the need to delete the other resource, my preference is one less add-on I'd have to have in my list, especially for less than 10 lines of CSS that can go in extra.css, nevertheless nice work.

I haven't fully worked with the logo yet, but the simple CSS to resize the logo to fit the screen width works great!

One thing that I see is that the reserved width for the logo is still tall. In other words, the logo is scaled down properly but now it has a lot of space, top and bottom. I don't even know if that can be adjusted, as it will be variable based on the multitudes of screen widths. (I also haven't tried yet to see if the remaining CSS posted here will fix this...I'm in the middle of reconfiguring a forum at the moment.)

Unfortunately not, you can't adjust top and bottom space. But you can replace your logo with the same image, only fixed width and height, then enable header fix.

Add background-size: cover; to miscellaneous section in Mobile logo replacement in order to fit your logo into the box.

I haven't fully worked with the logo yet, but the simple CSS to resize the logo to fit the screen width works great!

One thing that I see is that the reserved width for the logo is still tall. In other words, the logo is scaled down properly but now it has a lot of space, top and bottom. I don't even know if that can be adjusted, as it will be variable based on the multitudes of screen widths. (I also haven't tried yet to see if the remaining CSS posted here will fix this...I'm in the middle of reconfiguring a forum at the moment.)

It fits perfect for me to have that space since clouds float. :P

Great resource and thanks and thanks again @CyberAP.

Untitled-6.webp

I didn't know if there was a way to dynamically resize that reserved header block space...I have mine set for 119px, but it makes me wonder if some combination of padding and maybe a percentage height (?) would do what we wanted.

It fits perfect for me to have that space since clouds float. :p

Well, true, but since my site has nothing to do with clouds, helium balloons, feathers or that blasted cottonwood that is stirring up all of our allergies here, the "floating" of my logo doesn't quite look as good. :D

Great idea, but really bad name. No one browsing quickly is going to know what this addon does in my opinion. Maybe use something a little more descriptive?

Rho Deltais post: 571632 said:
Great idea, but really bad name. No one browsing quickly is going to know what this addon does in my opinion. Maybe use something a little more descriptive?

I think the name is perfect.

* watching

Not sure if I need this as I made my logo the right size to fit even an older Sony Walkman Ericsson Phone (the old slider model, not the new smart phone).
su_2013_logo_b.png

But I do think this is valuable and so I'm going to keep an eye on it.

Good job, @CyberAP

Top Bottom