RM 1.0 Resources with A LOT of updates?

0xym0r0n

Would there be any serious issue loading resources that have a ton of updates to them? When I say ton I mean like 100+

I intend the use the resource manager as a sort of journal for members or just as a resource for their personal clans. Updates may eventually exceed the 100s and I'm curious if I should expect any troubles or if I should be looking into an alternative.

When it comes to load times and pressure on a server I'm really not an expert or even intermediate in that area.

If you're looking for a journal, why not go for a blog with multi-author capabilities (per blog & per entry)? Wouldn't this be more fitting for a journal then the RM?

I'd like to contain everything within the forum as much as possible. Multi-author capabilities isn't a big deal for me right now. I can modify the RM to do quite a few things but I'm unsure if it's wise to do this because of possible issues with TOO many updates?

I know the original intention was just resources but I can see a lot of things that I can quickly modify to make the Resource manager something completely different. I'm just worried about updates...

I'd like to contain everything within the forum as much as possible. Multi-author capabilities isn't a big deal for me right now. I can modify the RM to do quite a few things but I'm unsure if it's wise to do this because of possible issues with TOO many updates?

I know the original intention was just resources but I can see a lot of things that I can quickly modify to make the Resource manager something completely different. I'm just worried about updates...
XI Blog has multi-author entries as of B2 and is scheduled for multi-author blogs. Its designed for a 'journal' setting and has comments, likes, etc. I honestly don't know how the RM will handle a ton of updates per resource (it can't be that bad).

Yeah I don't see queries being added in debug mode when updates are added.

I like the idea of existing blogs right now, but I'm kinda curious about utilizing the RM in this manner. I actually want to attach categories instead of discussions to a Resource... I haven't tried it yet, but I think... I think i might be able to do it lol. I was just worried about updates causing an issue! I suppose trial and error! *just this would be a big deal to go back on lol*

Top Bottom