******* Resource Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
well reading from all these posts i still don't quite get why all the add ones removed..

from the all the posts i see that ******* has broken most likely one of the guide lines/rules set by xenforo such as the callbacks made to ******* severs

i just want to know is there any security risk involved with the current state of all the add ones by *******? including the free ones?
just making sure....

and a note there should be changes to all add ones by ******* there should be no need for a callback to uninstall the add one at least..

Summary for all not familiar with the chain of events:

******* did not break the add-on guide lines (as of this writing).

His code seems to have no known security problems (as of this writing). There was a huge security problem with his add-ons several months ago, which resulted in the issueance of the XenForo Add-On Guidelines, to which he complied soon thereafter with changing his code in all his add-ons.

He appearently may have broken the license terms of XenForo by owing shares of at least one warez board in Viet Nam distributing pirated XenForo software and add-ons. He admitted it.

He may have used unlicensed XenForo software and add-ons at at least one of the sites he admitted to own.

Also some of his add-ons include code and images of other developers used without permission (some may say "stolen" to such a fact, but it is called "Copyright Violation" officially). He admitted it personally and apologized to some of the coders.

XenForo opened an investigation and the result was the removal of his add-ons from XenForo.com. All add-ons are still available at his own site to be bought by people not caring about these incidents.

Last edited:
well reading from all these posts i still don't quite get why all the add ones removed..

from the all the posts i see that ******* has broken most likely one of the guide lines/rules set by xenforo such as the callbacks made to ******* severs

i just want to know is there any security risk involved with the current state of all the add ones by *******? including the free ones?
just making sure....

and a note there should be changes to all add ones by ******* there should be no need for a callback to uninstall the add one at least..
All of these questions have been answered in this thread. Search the thread for responses from Mike and Chris to see this.

Have some resources from him and you will still buy you are awesome and are simply missing Xenforo.

Without additional details it's hard not to feel some general disappointment. If we're only talking about a copyright violation why not remove those specific add-ons and issue a warning? Perhaps that was done. That being said, I do trust the XenForo team and believe that the decision was made judiciously. In time the gaps left by *******'s departure will be filled.

All add-ons are still available at his own site to be bought by people not caring about these incidents.
I don't think that's fair. If I continue to use an add-on by ******* it will be because I think it's best for my community and nothing more.

It is not fair to discourage addons from ******* to use! Everyone must know and there is no alternative,
the the most addons are just super no matter how, where and who has programmed you!

Well.. I truly think the first ones not wanting this outcome were XenForo themselves. Losing lots of addons is bad for them in first place.

However I appreciate they did something and didn't just look somewhere else. That talk about integrity and will to protect fellow addons developers.

I think banning him was the right thing to do, this was not just stealing some lines from some addons... Was something much worse

When I got the email ******* bought borboles addons, lost my mind, what was he thinking? lol,

Have gotten rid of those add ons now, want no part of anything possibly ******* sitting on my server, good job xf, appreciate you have taken the right stance on this subject,

There were a few ******* addons I have been wanting to buy and try out but I just randomly saw this while searching Google for some random XF stuff.. I almost can't believe this but hey it happens, just glad I haven't actually paid for any of his addons.. Now to delve into the code of the only one I actually installed.. His addon log lol..

:(
just today I wanted to buy their "Advanced Reputation" Addon... Our users cry for soemthing like it - it's the only thing I miss since we left vBulletin 4 months ago.
Damn!

we re questing a refunds , we have their addon Credits Premium and using with CC processor , but now we was notified that addon not followed official guideline and cant process card with this . Its very bad from their side ... very unhappy giving out customers risk of compromising their info with security issue .

@Anton_Bodryachkom He is denying to refund you the amount you paid for the add-ons?
Yes for now , he sends link to their refund policy , but it will not really matter, if they will not refund , we will create case in Paypal and take all actions to investigate. Anyway i will post here with result . If money will not refunded , will send case number here for paypal , so people can refer and get their money back

I appreciate the decision made by XF. Tough one for sure, taking so many resources out of the directory. Reminds me of when we pulled the plug on tapatalk. Not easy to do when you have thousands of folks using it every day, but I felt it better in the long run for the users who we're serving. I'm grateful that the XF staff care about their community in the same way.

Considering how much protection they add alone in their add-ons is reason enough to not buy from *******, heck even with their safety measures some hackers are still able to null it, let alone they they paid for all borbole's addons a developer i have my doubts with also.

I quit ******* when you can't change websites for free... only once. As a tester i probably have like 10 domains that i switch between to, just for testing purposes, and domain propagation issues when switching to a new server.

Glad to see action taken, I knew something wasn't right and everything found only summed this action up.

I just hope for the sake of ******* clients he doesn't start playing dirty.

he already does, when he updated his policy from 6 month to 1 year I thought i still had time to cancel his automatic subscription, turns out i paid 45 bucks again because I bought it before the policies changed, I asked for a refund which i got but instead of keeping the ad-don he simply removed it from my client area even though i supposedly should be able to download the versions i paid for in the 6 months time period.

Anyways i let it be because i gave up on his addons and accept my losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom