******* Resource Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
His paid add-ons were never hosted here. The XenForo staff don't have access to download his paid add-ons, as they are distributed via his site. There is no way for them to investigate every line of every add-on that is submitted, it's just not practical.

Plus, as stated previously:
true, they were not hosted, just listed and linked.
they can't investigate every line and they shouldn't, I understand that, and its certainly not an easy task.

true, they were not hosted, just listed and linked.
they can't investigate every line and they shouldn't, I understand that, and its certainly not an easy task.
It does not matter even if they were locally hosted...xenforo has no obligation to check every third party product and if they are expected to, resource distributors would need to compensate xf for the time spent so that manpower can be afforded...otherwise the core product will slip while they look over everyone's code which could be a mountain of an issue as every programmer has his own style and nuances and switching mental modes by itself kills time.

*******'s also from a country doesn't care about copyright.

Here's my theroy.

My theory was always that ******* possibily started out as a one-man 'company' As he got more and more popular and got more money. He hired a team of developers. Now most people would think. You can't make enough money from add-ons to pay your developers. In the UK or USA you can't...

But in vietnam.. Its a poor country and the wage is low. I believe the average wage in vietnam is about 180 USD per month. So yes in Vietnam you can.

Also considering that he sells add-ons in USD. Once converted into his country's currency. It's a lot of money.
He had a bigger advantage then everyone else.

Labour is cheap.
Please don't make a blanket statement about our people like this, which is really insulting. We do care about copyright and as a country, we have made several improvements over the years. It takes time for the law to be written and even more time for people to act accordingly. I don't know the details about ******* and XenForo's investigation but it is indeed very sad seeing all of his resources to be removed. Let's talk about making some new add-ons to fill the void instead of attacking him maybe?

And for the record, labour is not cheap here if you are looking for quality work. Just like everywhere else in the world.

If I were a ******* customer I wouldn't worry too much. Just because his add-ons are not listed here anymore, doesn't mean that they stop working and receiving support.

******* played with the rules, he lost. XenForo sanctioned him. End of the topic. No need to bash him or spike his head on the London Bridge. Some statements about "the usefulness" of someone's addons are just irrelevant and inopportune. This kind of topic shouldn't be the place either to try to make sells (whatever the reasons are), there's a forum for this.

Any reports of copyright infringement are investigated and dealt with accordingly. This has always been and always will be the case.
  • has always been: no (but that's not the subject).
  • always will be: we'll see.
But thank you this time for your fast and clear decision.

XenForo takes piracy, copyright infringement and other IP violations seriously. Each report is investigated thoroughly and appropriate actions are taken on those involved.

Hello all of our friends,

We would like to announce that in the next time, all of our works on *******.com are still normal. The support activities will happen like it should be. The new add-ons and styles will be in the To-do-list as usual.

Everything will be acted as normal and you should not be worry about anything. We still are here, with you. It’s not the end of world and we will continue to grow in the next time.

Thank you for being here with us during the past and best of luck for all of our customers, especially in this time, Tet holiday (Lunar New Year) is coming soon here.

We would like to announce that in the next time, all of our works on *******.com are still normal. The support activities will happen like it should be. The new add-ons and styles will be in the To-do-list as usual.

Everything will be acted as normal and you should not be worry about anything. We still are here, with you. It’s not the end of world and we will continue to grow in the next time.

Thank you for being here with us during the past and best of luck for all of our customers, especially in this time, Tet holiday (Lunar New Year) is coming soon here.

Why should anyone trust you after all that has happened? You need to restore customer faith, first and foremost before doing anything else.

This sounds like a bit of a government press release after a major nuclear disaster, but I wish you a happy Tet Holiday anyway.

Dear all,

We do know that it’s hard to get back your trust. However, please at least give us a chance to do that.

Thank you!

What steps are you going to take to ensure that your trust can be earned back?

Not need to say much about how we restore your faith. We think that at this moment, we can’t do anything, as you know. Xen staffs take out our rights to post our resources. All of the past resource had been removed....
You tell me, what should we do if you are us?

Well, first off, I would start by making a public statement, even if it is on your own site, answering to all the accusations, answering each one like this.

1) Why you did it?
2) What steps have you taken to rectify the faults.
3) What you are going to do to ensure this never happens again.

You tell me, what should we do if you are us?
1) Remove all callbacks from your addons. Now that you will be releasing and updating products away from XF.com the methods used previously can be used for even more sinister ways. I hope you can understand how the callback methods pose such a huge risk, especially now.

2) One of the big complains about ******* has always been the :
a) high cost of your addons
b) high cost of updates and being subscribed to a recurring payment model in paypal without prior knowledge
c) slow support and badly tested products being released.

I sincerely hope you are allowed back to post resources here again in the future - which is a previledge for any developer, but first you must pay your dues. The above could be a start at areas you need to improve on. Personally you need to take a hit or go back a few steps to improve, before you can make a decent step forward again.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom