******* Resource Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenForo

Company info
Staff member
After extensive investigations into their behavior, we have decided that the best course of action is to remove all resources released by ******* from XenForo.com. No further ******* resources will be listed on XenForo.com. If you have questions about accessing any resources you use from *******, please contact them via their site directly. Our actions extend only to their activity on XenForo.com.

This action has not been taken lightly and has only been decided after significant time has been spent investigating the issues and questioning the resource author. This is the result of a combination of issues being discovered. We will not be releasing any further details; speculation into the details should not be posted here.

In an effort to reduce the immediate interruption to customers, ******* will still be able to reply to their resource threads and any existing conversations you may have with them. However, if possible, we would recommend that you contact ******* directly via their site.

It is unfortunate that it has come to this, but we have taken these steps in order to protect our community and other resource authors. If we receive allegations of misbehavior by a community member or a resource author, we will investigate the allegations fully and take the steps we deem necessary.

Regards,
The XenForo Team

Note: The text is censored on this site, and bypassing the censor is against the rules, but for clarity, the developer in question is Brivium.

dumbfounded...
at what exactly?

At ******* liking the original post of this thread?

I trust the team at XF here have done their due diligence in their investigations so we must all respect the decisions. That said you should be more than free to go and get your addons from him directly from his own site...it just wont be listed on here.

I am also actually sad about it, because it means that there was indeed something not right with *******. I would have liked another outcome.

But I understand it. You sometimes simply have not much choice.

Also, since he is no longer guarded with the XF Guidelines, he can put his backloading PHP/MySQL installer back in place.

Seems like we have to find alternatives for some add-ons...

Sad that things like this have to happen but now at least it creates some visual space again in the RM.

Some kind of disclosure of what you discovered would probably be a good thing for the community.

For example, do you consider ******* products to be a security risk? (i.e. is the issue with the coding or the business practices).
I think it's more related to the issues being discussed here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...nship-with-vxf-vn-and-copyright-issues.91524/

Some kind of disclosure of what you discovered would probably be a good thing for the community.

For example, do you consider ******* products to be a security risk? (i.e. is the issue with the coding or the business practices).

As has been stated, we will not be providing any details into our (very extensive) investigation.

Previous issues relating to ******* addons and the resource guidelines have been discussed elsewhere.

I am sad to see ******* go. Alot of his add-ons don't have any alternatives.

But i stand behind the staffs decision. I do not know how to code or wouldn't know if there was any backdoors in any of his add-ons. So i'm glad the staff is protecting us.

As others have said people are free to buy his add-ons on his website.

For myself. I will only buy add-ons that are on xenforo.com

Good Luck To *******.

As has been stated, we will not be providing any details into our (very extensive) investigation.

Previous issues relating to ******* addons and the resource guidelines have been discussed elsewhere.
so what about those who may not have been part of past discussions?
those who may not have cruised the official xF forums and kept up?
those who may just browse resources, download and install those that look good & have good ratings?

put yourself in the xF customers shoes:
xF has yanked hundreds of addons, and the official announcement offers zero explanation or guidance to those in the community you claim to be acting in "the best interest of".

you've left a good chunk of your customers completely in the dark. even if your response is "we dont feel it necessary at this point to uninstall what you may have downloaded via xF.com up through this date", it would help.

Seems like the announcement date is a good one to use for "safe install". Now that they are removed, anything after today doesn't have to be held to XF's guidelines.

Why the need to say the same thing?

I know that's what you've said but was hoping that you'd at least clarify if it's a security issue in the addons themselves or whether it's just you disagree with his business practices (such as owning a warez site).

If you can't say then fair enough.

The short answer is we can't/won't be providing any details.

The decision relates to all of the allegations and comments made over the past few weeks, in both threads.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/*******-add-on-cannot-be-uninstalled.82731/

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...nship-with-vxf-vn-and-copyright-issues.91524/

Seems like the announcement date is a good one to use for "safe install". Now that they are removed, anything after today doesn't have to be held to XF's guidelines.

Isn't your logic seriously flawed? For all we know, they removed his addons because of a security issue so any addons from before today may not have held to the XF guidelines either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom