• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Resource Manager

Valhalla

Is it feasible to consider using the Resource Manager in such a way as to never have downloadable content, nor to have external files?

My intention, should I use it, would be for it to be an article manager (with text / image content).

I envisage making template modifications to hide things such as "Most Downloaded", but I would keep things such as ratings.

The Dark Wizard

Is it feasible to consider using the Resource Manager in such a way as to never have downloadable content, nor to have external files?

My intention, should I use it, would be for it to be an article manager (with text / image content).

I envisage making template modifications to hide things such as "Most Downloaded", but I would keep things such as ratings.
I've used it in such a way.

Valhalla

Is is possible for guests to be able to view Resource pages, but not Forum pages? I have experimented with the permissions on a demo installation, and it seems the 'View' permission includes both routes.

My forum is not viewable to guests (currently guests receive an "error_with_login"), but I wish for guests to be able to view resources.

To what extent is this achievable?

Thank you,

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you remove the general "view node" permission rather than the general "view" permission, then users should still be able to view non-forum pages which would allow access to the RM if you configure that.

Valhalla

Is there a RM-specific 'extra.css' file to implement CSS changes?

The reason I am asking is because I feel my current 'extra.css' may get too lengthy with RM changes - or perhaps that doesn't matter?

Amaury

Is there a RM-specific 'extra.css' file to implement CSS changes?

The reason I am asking is because I feel my current 'extra.css' may get too lengthy with RM changes - or perhaps that doesn't matter?
Could always just create a template called resource_manager_EXTRA.css and include it in EXTRA.css.

Valhalla

I was disappointed to discover that, upon finishing installation, the RM 'view' permission for at least three of my user groups had been set to 'Allow'.

I had wanted to launch the RM with some content, rather than for a new menu item to appear and for their to be no content available.

Now, I did anticipate that this permission behaviour would occur for the Registered user group, so I did not think I would be caught out when I swiftly changed it after the RM had been installed. However, I later realised two of my other user groups had the 'view' permission set to 'Allow'.

I do believe the installation should assume nothing about how the add-on is to be used.